TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: accelerator cable
vdubdan65 Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:41 pm

I'm having an issue with where my accelerator cable is connecting to my single 44 weber, its a kit from cb's that came with a universal accelerator cable and have it set on the second notch of the butterfly (middle notch). I've tried it at all 3 places and it either will not return all the way, or I will not get full throttle.

I have the cable as tight as possible before it cannot return completely, but I'm barely getting half of my weber's potential.

Any hints?

dan

sovereignsamba Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:23 am

get a stock cable & stock cable clamp. I had the same problem.

vdubdan65 Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:35 am

whats the difference between a stock cable and the one I am running, i have recently replaced it with a stock for my year and im still having the same problem, dont understand your findings on putting a stock cable clamp, it doesnt seem that it would provide any difference.

bill may Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:39 am

is there a return spring on the carb?

vdubdan65 Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:38 pm

yeah theres a return spring on the carb, but i dont think that really has to do with why im not gettin full pedal, have had this prob ever since i got the carb.

bill may Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:00 pm

maybe i said that because"wont return all the way", even with my 40 years experience,i cant seem to have your answer. try someone more helpful.

vdubdan65 Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:30 pm

this is what i said:

Quote: I've tried it at all 3 places and it either will not return all the way, or I will not get full throttle.

meaning if i tighten it too much to get a better amount of cable, it will not return so i have it set up where it will return where im getting the most pedal

vwplanet Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:06 pm

Had the same problem with a brand new Weber Progressive --- replaced the thick, "heavy duty" cable for a thinner, "stock" cable --- and now...no more pedal return problems. If you have a thicker cable, it has a harder time sliding back and forth easily through though the curves of the cable channel. Try the the thinner one -- worked for me.

vdubdan65 Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:24 pm

Hm, I actually had a thinner wire before it snapped, ordered a cable from socal for my year (supposedly) but it came back as a thick one. Even with the thinner cable though I was never able to get a full pedal.