TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Where's Jeff Walters?
coad Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:31 am

This question keeps coming up and no one seems to actually know where Jeff Walters (of SOTO, Hot VW's, etc. fame) is these days.

I know he moved on to soda machines, but he's been out of that for at least 3-4 years and I know he's no longer in Pollock Pines where he was running that business.

I've heard SoCal, TX, AZ doing everything from running swapmeets to parrot smuggling. Anyone know for sure?

(he doesn't owe me money or anything, I'm just curious what he's up to and I'm confident that whatever the story is it will be entertaining)

lemke Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:02 am

Funny, I was thinking of starting a thread in here on this same subject. Jeff Walters started the transporter talk column in HVW's. I used to love reading his treasure hunting stories about going to South America and finding NOS parts - I still dig those out of my old collection and read them from time to time. I’ve heard some people claim that he coined the term barn door - I don't know if that's true, though. I have wondered what happened to him, too. I know he was a friend of Rich Kimball’s. Rich once told me that he moved on to other interest like old Coke machines. I guess he burned out on VW's.

NorCalWeekender Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:01 pm

I'd bet the parrot smuggling is just a front for more parts hunting in the Amazon!

-Taylor

Skim Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:37 pm

in Central America somewhere sneaking parrots out of uraguay inside of banana crates.

spookymulder Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:00 pm

I thought they patterned the "Where's Waldo" game after him, but had to change the name from Walters to Waldo so they wouldn't have to pay him any royalties! If you look closely at the characature of Waldo and compare it to Jeff you WILL notice a strange similiarity! LMFAO

bill may Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:18 pm

Spooky is so right on looks like.

Church Key Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:05 am

Yeah, we were being regailed with some killer parts hunt stories just about a week ago here on this forum...tried to fan the flames, as like you, I occassionally will dig out the old "Jeff issues" and read the old tales.
Whotta rush it must be.
Coke machines?
Hmmm...I thought Economy and I were weird with the skate collecting.