TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Smoke only on shift; cured by adjusting carb.
ridesitall Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:49 pm

Well I did get some usefull information before you bickering fools got the other thread locked.

USMCbug Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:54 pm

Glad to hear that. :)

Dont forget to turn off the stove after you take the jar of oil out of the boiling water......... :P

keifernet Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:59 pm

It was only locked in the last 2 hours or so... and the info that was pertinant is still there? So what's the big deal? :wink:

Glad that's all it was. I guess your mixture was waaaay off then for it to cause that.

Foxx Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:27 pm

ridesitall wrote: Well I did get some usefull information before you bickering fools got the other thread locked.
a simple thank you for the people who tried to help and to the others that tried to keep the "misinformation" where it belongs would be nice.
oh yeah, your welcome.
:roll:

Bruce Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:28 am

One thing stated in that other topic was a suggestion for you to use 20W-50. I hope you aren't thinking of doing that. Because if you are, you won't be driving your car much. 20W-50 and -14ºC don't work together.

turboblue Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:36 am

ridesitall wrote: ...... you bickering fools........

That's a pretty broad brush you just painted everyone with. :roll:

Glenn Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:38 am

ridesitall wrote: Well I did get some usefull information before you bickering fools got the other thread locked.

Better locked than deleted. :wink:

keifernet Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:11 am

Bruce wrote: One thing stated in that other topic was a suggestion for you to use 20W-50. I hope you aren't thinking of doing that. Because if you are, you won't be driving your car much. 20W-50 and -14ºC don't work together.

Well Bruce, you are right about that.... I said that... but living in S Texas I did not consider what climate the guy may have been in.. Since it has been above 70 here for a week, I sometimes forget that other people have to endure a much colder range of temps.