TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Blinkers wont work with Lights On. How to fix?
Ppub101 Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:18 am

Well like it says, My 67 beetle, when the lights are on the blinkers dont work. The lights are off...... No problem. What is with that? Do you guys think its a bad fuse or something? I am going to buy all new fuses and clean the connections with steel wool. Anyone else have any ideas of whats wrong and how to fix it? Thanks for your time.

Paul

USMCbug Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:23 am

Sounds like a bad ground.

bill may Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:28 pm

do you know how many red fuses and how many white fuses are in a 67 beetle? make sure there are star washers between nut(8MM wrench) and fender on you dual filiment turn signal housings-otherwise insuffient ground( star washers cut into metal when tightened down to get good ground.)

Ppub101 Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:55 pm

bill may wrote: do you know how many red fuses and how many white fuses are in a 67 beetle? make sure there are star washers between nut(8MM wrench) and fender on you dual filiment turn signal housings-otherwise insuffient ground( star washers cut into metal when tightened down to get good ground.)

Im not sure how many its suppose to have, but i looked, and there seemed to be 2 red fuses in the middle, and i think i counted 10 fuses overall. do the red and white fuses make a difference?

Oscar73 Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:08 pm

yea

red=16
white=8

I had similiar symptons with a bad flasher relay, might try that

bill may Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:40 pm

the 2 red ones go on each end. not on any other place. out side end and inside end. are there star washers under each 8MM wrench size nuts holding t/s assy on fenders? ten (10) + (plus) 1 (one) in holder for backup lights=9-8 amp and 2- 16 amp. equals 11(eleven)

Ppub101 Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:47 pm

bill may wrote: the 2 red ones go on each end. not on any other place. out side end and inside end. are there star washers under each 8MM wrench size nuts holding t/s assy on fenders? ten (10) + (plus) 1 (one) in holder for backup lights=9-8 amp and 2- 16 amp. equals 11(eleven)

So should i switch the red fuses to the ends????/ or just buy a whole new fuse box with the fuses in it?