TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Newbie floor pan HELL!!! help please
EvilMogan Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:19 pm

Hi everyone, Im a new VDub/forum guy. I pick up a 73 standard for $150 with almost no rust except the right pan is rotted. I triple checked the bolts, and I got them all. I cant get the pan to drop, it's hanging on the corners. Am I missing a spot wield somewhere? It's hanging between rear pan head lip and the heater channel. Any help would be appreciated, as this one thing has completely halted my rebuild.

Mogan

Cobey Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:21 pm

Look for the recent post by Kalen1970. She has been doing the same thing.

RareAir Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Did you get the bolts located below the rear seats?

EvilMogan Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:07 pm

[email protected] wrote: Did you get the bolts located below the rear seats?

the two that attatch the compartment tin to the raised part of the floor pan? yup got it, although that part isnt coming out very easy either. It's all gummed up. I've had to incorporate the BFH method, lol..

BTW, I am doing it as a body on replacement, I dont have the space to do the body off.

USMCbug Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:18 pm

The pans are the only thing I paid to have done on my 73. If memory serves, they are welded on some spots?

Cobey Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 pm

Okay, reading the instructions for a '65...

Remove all eighteen 8mm bolts (9 per side) that hold the body to the pan that run the length of the pan from underneath. With the rear tires removed, unbolt the tow (one per side) shock tower/body mount bolts. Underneath the rear seat you will find two 10mm bolts and four 8mm bolt that will need to be removed.

Hope that helps a bit!