TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: you know you want them...
vwtony2 Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:03 pm

perhaps the most popular aftermarket piece that money can buy, AND you only have to drill 50 million friggin holes in your ride to install just to look the lamest in your hood....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7946059909&category=46096
you know you want them....

Grant Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:43 pm

HELL YA!!!

TeamSpatula Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:35 am

My first splitty had them...I started taking them off, and then realized that it was going to be such a pain to clean up after them, I just left them on...

Enkiel Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:05 am

at least they got some kind of nice design....

bill may Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:16 am

Earl the free bus has a set laying in back.. im going to mig weld screw holes shut.

TimB Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:26 am

I wish those were never invented along with clear distibutor caps and louvered running boards for bugs.

Stanagon Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:32 am

I'm rolling one of these scoops on the intake side of my panel. It looks a lot better than the current vent that is there now. Eventually I will have the whole rear quarter replaced with an NOS panel I recently acquired.

Andrew Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:51 am

Damn... what the hell happened to that vent?

Enkiel Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:03 am

Andrew wrote: Damn... what the hell happened to that vent?

i'd vote for rust.

mine are rusted and painted over, i'm pretty sure once it's cleaned, it will look like that

marklaken Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:18 am

i got a set i'll sell for half that price!...what a deal...also a lot of fun welding those holes shut...not the prettiest on the inside of the upper holes, which i don't think i can fit my die-grinder in to clean up excess mig-wire and what not.......oh well...

on mine, i go the bonus of someone trying to install them twice...there were 2 holes at each mounting location within a half inch of each other...guess they weren't happy with the initial fit...LOL...stupid PO's