TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Optimus battery
65Busstop Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:06 pm

I have a 66 bug that has been in storage for the last 3 years and I am trying to get it on the road again. The first thing it needs is a battery. Will an Optimus Red Top gel cell battery fit under the back seat. It is converted to 12 volt.

65Busstop Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:21 pm

Ooops it looks like i spelled Optimus wrong it is Optima. I did a search again and it looks like they do fit. Is this correct? I use Optima batteries in my Bus and love them. A Red top to start it and a Yellow top to power the stereo and camper lights.

aggro_jo Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:26 pm

USMCbug Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:28 pm

I thought this thread was about the Autobots or something. :lol:

Miguel Arroyo Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:48 am

Great battery to get, you will be very happy. More cold cranking power and NO ACID LEAKS :D

65Busstop Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:07 am

Miguel Arroyo wrote: Great battery to get, you will be very happy. More cold cranking power and NO ACID LEAKS :D

I did get one yesterday and it started the Bug right up. I do like them I have 2 in my Bus a Red Top to start it and a Yellow Top for stereo, lights, TV, and camper stuff.

Miguel Arroyo Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:11 am

Once the current (regular) on my 70 Beetle dies I will replace it with an Optima. Then I can get rid of the marine plastic case I put the battery in to prevent any acid spills damage my new floor.