TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: gotta love craigslist
turkis-deluxe Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:40 pm

Say this ad today. Gotta love the "Grateful Dead, ageing hippy" theme going. Old campers, sunroof, highroofs wanted, hmmmm. Them and everyone else.

hey there,
Im just looking for a 1967 and earlier Volkswagen bus, I started a band and need cheap transportation. Looking for the older campers and the kind with the big sunroof...this would help in loading the instruments...I know there are some with high roof that would be the best . Let me know what you have, I can tow out of your field for free......peace, love and happiness.
Jerry

vwjosh6070 Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:13 pm

it doesnt hurt to try, broher.

SHSC Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Jerry Jess has no boundaries!

obus Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:45 pm

either that or the "Real Jerry" is back from the dead (no pun intended) for one more Saturday Night!

TeamSpatula Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:33 am

Unfortunately a lot of those folks also think that $500 is the expected price to pay for a decent, running splitty...and they also expect to drive it like a toyota and have it last forever with no maintenance and care...

oorwullie Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:43 am

teamspatula wrote: Unfortunately a lot of those folks also think that $500 is the expected price to pay for a decent, running splitty...and they also expect to drive it like a toyota and have it last forever with no maintenance and care...

and quite a lot of them will be trying to re-sell the $500 busses for $5k....... :wink:

VTECSPLITTY Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:56 am

I know for sure it was NOT Jerry Jess that wrote that ad (although he is looking for a split bus, but he certainly does not play in a band). Must be someone else....

westcoastbullies Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:07 pm

I find myself checking C.L. more often just to the bogus ads, there awesome...todays are a blast, school project.

is there a Steve Merz...hhhmmm forgot the anon?