TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: POST UP GOOD SOURCES OF FI INFO AND PARTS
2dollah Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Title says it all. Thanks.

I have a 71 with incomplete FI and I'd like to get it completed.

R.Rabbit Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:00 pm

www.type3.org the place for FI

blankmange Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:04 pm

www.theddb.com usually has some parts - or whole systems available, especially since they usually strip the FI off to throw carbs on...

TheDDB Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:09 pm

blankmange wrote: www.theddb.com usually has some parts - or whole systems available, especially since they usually strip the FI off to throw carbs on...

OOOhhhhh come on now.... :roll:
You say that like its a bad thing....At least we save the parts!

But yes it is true we do have about 4 boxes of FI stuff sitting around. :D

Russ Wolfe Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:14 pm

What info do you need about FI??? I have quit a few of the factory manuals. Scanning and posting complete manuals is quit tedious.

tristessa Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:44 pm

blankmange wrote: www.theddb.com usually has some parts - or whole systems available, especially since they usually strip the FI off to throw carbs on...
Hey, I'm sure that some of it came from perfectly good running cars that lost their arguement with the phone pole .. but I wasn't there at the time so I can't say for sure.

Mr. Bubblehead Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:53 am

TheDDB wrote: But yes it is true we do have about 4 boxes of FI stuff sitting around. :D
How much for all four boxes :wink:

blankmange Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:04 am

Quote: OOOhhhhh come on now.... Rolling Eyes
You say that like its a bad thing....At least we save the parts!

But yes it is true we do have about 4 boxes of FI stuff sitting around. Very Happy

no - not a bad thing at all -- it makes us FI guys more resourceful in having to find pieces/expertise... :)