TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Mid america motorworks
Grant Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:05 pm

I just got my third calalouge and its not the worst one! Can someone tell me about them, is there a big markup, poor quality, good anything? tell me your experiences working with the company, if you have.

thanks

-Grant

Glenn Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:08 pm

They're you're middle of the road catalog. Not the best or the worst. Not the cheapest or the most expensive.

Personally, i'd buy my engine and mechanical parts from a place that specializes in them.

mintonman Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:42 pm

they are the guys that bought all the rocky mountain motor works stuff, basically the same stuff as every other catalog, but they do have some stuff others don't. It all depends on what your looking for. All repro parts pretty much suck, so you can get them from any of the catalogs and you'll get the same product, although ww has gotten alittle better.
P.S. Tweeks is another name for them, they specialize in porsche & corvette parts

edgy Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:14 pm

We have purchased parts from them for several years. They have excellent customer service and an excellent museum. They specialize in Porsche and Corvette parts. VWs is kind of a new thing. They used to be Tweeks as a porsche parts supplier.

We bought floor mats and didn't like the color, they refunded the price and shipping and once we sent a sample of the carpet we had, they made us a set at the off the shelf price. Can't ask for much more than that.

mintonman Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:29 pm

Yes, they do have great customer service. I have ordered several times from them & never had a problem. There are just some things I wouldn't buy from them, but only because of price. I will also say, their inventory has grone in size over the years. They never really had many bus parts, but now they have a few.

Glenn Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:39 pm

I ordered a replacement 74 tail light from them. When i got it, it was a Mexican unit with a black plastic base instead of the stock silver base. When I called customer service to return it they took it back but would not pay for shipping or refund the original shipping.

I sent a email to Mike Yeager, CEO of MAM, and explained that it might fit, but was not a exact match. He had an associate contact me and send me a full refund for all shipping.

That's standing behind your service.