TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: can anyone tell me what kinda camper??
sdw53 Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:45 pm

bought '61 bus, it has these crank out screened windows i've never seen...looked on samba and found same on buses called "EZ campers"?? is this some early US dealership camper conversion? i was told it had cabinets in it, but they were tossed because they were too crumbly. if anyone could educate me on what i have, that would be awesome!! thanks, sdw53

billyisme Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:57 pm

sdw53 wrote: bought '61 bus, it has these crank out screened windows i've never seen...looked on samba and found same on buses called "EZ campers"?? is this some early US dealership camper conversion? i was told it had cabinets in it, but they were tossed because they were too crumbly. if anyone could educate me on what i have, that would be awesome!! thanks, sdw53

Is this a serious post? If so you should take some good pictures of the items you are looking to have identified and post them in the gallery. There were many aftermarket camper-conversion companies that converted buses into campers and many of these conversions included cabinets and crank-style windows.

(edited to add the word "and" into the last sentence)

iamdonquixote Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:57 pm

welcome to thesamba.com

post some pics of your bus & do a search in the gallery section for buses like yours.

enjoy

-rob

Bill-E-BoB Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:26 pm

EZ camper is the same idea as westfalia & sundial & riviera & a few others that I can't think of because I've been at work for the past 13 hours. Its just the name of the company that did that particular camper conversion. I'm not really sure how to identify which one you have though...cuz I've got a passenger bus, I'm not into those water-pumpers.

haha, get it? Water-pumpers...cuz they have sinks...& the sink has a pump...& the pump pumps water. Campers are waterpumpers! I sleigh myself sometimes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok, I'll shut up now...don't kill me camper guys.

dstefun Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:48 pm

Just in case it's a Westy, there's a really nice 61 brochure in the Archives ...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/literature61westy.php

zimblewinder Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:53 am

I have images of Billy boy above laying on the ground with track marks across his back, while Santa laughs his way into the distance :D

Bongo Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:11 am

Funny that, I had an image of him trapped under a sleigh after the axles stands gave way!

NorCalWeekender Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:29 am

Those guys aside, take some good pictures inside and out of what you've got and post them here. Between all of us, we should be able to give you a good idea of what you have. :)

-Taylor

zimblewinder Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:51 am

sorry cheap dig. Couldnt resist that one. :D Good luck with you camper its in top notch condition.

Bill-E-BoB Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:20 pm

Hehe, I'm just messin with ya guys. Josh pointed out that my windshield washer reservoir makes mine a waterpumper too. Doh!

vwjosh6070 Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:23 pm

definately post pics!

Bill, youd better watch it man! i know where you live, and i can get your bus on the road and steal it while you are at work! :twisted:

Bill-E-BoB Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:02 pm

vwjosh67 wrote: definately post pics!

Bill, youd better watch it man! i know where you live, and i can get your bus on the road and steal it while you are at work! :twisted:

Hmm...anybody got a tutorial on how to install Lowjack in a bus? :)

Bart Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:51 pm

Bill-E-BoB wrote: vwjosh67 wrote: definately post pics!

;) there is one in type2 archives. Someone did it with a ham radio, anyone remember that?

Bill-E-BoB Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:59 pm

Sundial Camper wrote: Bill-E-BoB wrote: vwjosh67 wrote: definately post pics!

;) there is one in type2 archives. Someone did it with a ham radio, anyone remember that?

HAHA!! STAY AWAY JOSH!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Church Key Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:17 pm

"Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9!!"

iamahugevwnut Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:29 pm

have some pictures?