TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need a set of eyes in Tacoma
buguy Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:23 am

I was thinking about picking up this bug, but I live 1000 miles from it. Anyone willing to take a look at it for me if you live in that area? Tacoma Washington.
http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=139163

flatfourkings Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:58 am

why don't you just look closer to home?not talking shit wouldn't it be less hassle to get one closer to you?peace

Alan Willis Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:15 am

Probably 'cuz you wont find a turbo/efi bug that cheap in Iowa!?I don't know,I'm just guessing,here!

6d7vdub Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:08 pm

See what I can do to help you out... http://franklinsvwwerks.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=27156#27156

flatfourkings Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:43 pm

Alan Willis wrote: Probably 'cuz you wont find a turbo/efi bug that cheap in Iowa!?I don't know,I'm just guessing,here! yes you can why do you lie to people willis. (actually i hadnt looked at the link because the internet at my work is super slow.dont want to get caught goofin' while it loads)

buguy Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:33 pm

Thanks for the help 6d6vdub. The fact is that I have the ONLY running driving bug in the town I live in. There may be a few rust buckets in the surrounding areas, but I already did one of those. I have never even seen a efi turbo bug, or turbo at all in person. In fact I have only seen 3 bugs up close in my life. The whole turbo thing gives me wood!! Seems like a pretty good buy, but I wouldnt be comfortable paying that much for a bug without at least having a trustworthy person look at it for me. (not that I dont trust the seller, but your own stuff seems to be a little better to yourself than in reality. Plus, not knowing much about turbo's, I am a little sceptical. Figured someone in the Samba would live nearby.

6d7vdub Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:45 pm

No problem on the help and what I would do if I were you is ask the seller if he would mind having it checked out for you. You could even arrange it by having him talk with Franklin at Franklins VW Werks and Franklin knows turbo motors.

buguy Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:52 pm

Is Franklins in Tacoma? Would they check it out for me (for a fee of coarse)? The guy told me that he has someone coming to look at it this weekend, I asked him to let me know if he still has it come Sun. night. If he does, I will contact Franklins and ask if I can have it checked out. Having an unbiased oppinion would be great.

abbiedolphin Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:26 am

I think would ask to see a pic of the driver's side...might just be an oversight, but it isn't shown.

Alan Willis Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:04 am

Hey flatfour,show me another early to mid sixties turbo/efi bug in iowa for $5500 or less! You say I'm a liar?Back your shit up or stay the hell outta my business!

flatfourkings Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:14 am

i was messing around willis dont bark at me like that.you dont know who youre talking to over the net read that post over i was being sarcastic. calm that cyber temper of yours i aint no little bitch . ill slap a good one across your grill homie. relax. take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Alan Willis Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:20 pm

I'll breath deeper after I plant my foot in your ass!No.1 don't call me a liar unless you can prove I am wrong! No.2 don't threaten to kick my ass till you meet me,I am not little either!

flatfourkings Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:39 pm

once again re read the post and feel stupid.if you werent so hot headed and finished it youd see i was at fault and was trying to be funny. so back your shit up and lets handle it then buster.you got a pm. :twisted:

Alan Willis Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Thats all you had to say!Geez everyone's so edgy I feel this is going to be a rough year!

flatfourkings Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:01 pm

8)

flatfourkings Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:03 pm

cool 8)

6d7vdub Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:07 pm

So you guys kissed and made up?? Cool. buguy, Franklins is in Kent, which is between Seattle and Tacoma, so getting there should not be a problem for the seller. If you click the link in my sig, you can find all the info you want on the shop.

buguy Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:40 am

Cool. Thanks for all you help.