TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: ToE in
56_in_714 Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:36 pm

GOnna try to adjust the toe in tonight and i know i can prob find this info in my manuals at home but thought id ask you guys anyways. I know i gotta measure and stuff, but how do i find the center/middle position of the steering box? is there a way to lock it into this middle position? Let me know so i can go right to work when i get home...GRACIAS

angelchild Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:57 pm

start by lifting/pulling the gas tank (I just unbolt it and prop the front up with a board down to the spare wheel spot)
then you can see the top of the steering box - there is a little gap on the 'clip' attaching it to the steering column, that should be aligned with a small notch on the top of the steering box when the wheels are straight ahead.....then you can use the 'John Muir' method to adjust toe in (in my case the front of the car is too low to use his stick measure method, so I came up with a wooden jig to measure from the outside edges of the rim...)

56_in_714 Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:34 pm

Thanks bro, just never heard anyone bring this subject up when i came to Toe In on here...