Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Registry - The Lost Cars
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Type 3 Registry - The Lost Cars Reply with quote

Just a quick note to remind everyone that the Type 3 Registry is also for entering your parts cars and the ones you find in the wrecking/salvage yards. If you are parting out a car, or come across any of these cars that will no longer be road-worthy, please include them in the Registry.

After these cars are gone, we will no longer have any record of their existance. I see a lot of these cars being parted out or scrapped, and it only takes a minute to enter the VIN, the Model, and where they are.

I even have one listing for a car in a junkyard that the individual took the time to take a picture. That was cool, but optional.

I have also revised the Use category to "Parts/Scrapped".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dennis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a square on there that is registered as a 62 that has a 63 VIN. Whats up with that?????

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am attempting to determine how the owner came up with the year of the car. The VIN listed has already been corrected once, based on the fact that the car has a pan with a different VIN. If I do not receive a response from the owner by the end of this week, I will add a comment in the Notes field about the discrepancy between the year and the VIN.

I review all of the entries, and try to help the owners determine the correct year and VIN for their car, if there is a discrepancy. I have already worked through several cases, and this is the last obvious one - until I get the next one. I have even had one case where the VIN on the car did not match the registration, the registration contained an extra number.

I appreciate the eagle eye in looking through the listings, and in this case, it jumps out at you.

Thanks again,

Dennis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squarely67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareD, I've been meaning to inquire in what part of Modesto are you? I lived there ten years ago. We were just north of Standiford between Prescott and Carver. In talking to a friend still living there, sounds like much has changed.
SquareD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Squarely,

Yes, Modesto has changed over the years. I have lived here since 1957 and grew up in the sixties (remember the movie "American Graffiti"?). The area you lived in has grown and changed quite a bit.

Sadley, the town has lost some of what made it a nice place to live and grow up in. I believe we are now a nationally ranked city for the number of car thefts!

I live over in the Downey High area.

Dennis
Squarely67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that area. Yeah, when we moved back to Texas, we could see changes just in the five years we were there. Lots of tagging at that time. It seemed the town got dirtier too: more garbage in the curbs, etc. Damn shame.
Ozone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Oklahoma not listed Reply with quote

It's not mine but i know where sitting in a back pasture / field with a bug or two are a Fastback and a Squareback, if im thinking right, may only be one but i do know at least one of them is a Squareback. Its on Highway 177 just south of Sulphur on east side of the road. Off white, no clue condition but would probably make someone a good parts car or project. Wish i could get more info on it. Just figured i would post on here for anyone that might be here in Oklahoma or know someone that would be able to help.

LaterZ
Ozone
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click a pic the next time you go ny if you get the chance. Thanks for the info!

SBS #17
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
littlebuggie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareD wrote:
Hi Squarely,

Yes, Modesto has changed over the years. I have lived here since 1957 and grew up in the sixties (remember the movie "American Graffiti"?). The area you lived in has grown and changed quite a bit.

Sadley, the town has lost some of what made it a nice place to live and grow up in. I believe we are now a nationally ranked city for the number of car thefts!

I live over in the Downey High area.

Dennis

Hey, Do you have the two fastbacks? If so next time I drive by, I might stop. And if that is you, then you have seen me in my square drive by a few times...My VW buddy lives over their...Andy
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, wasn't "American Grafitti" filmed in Santa Rosa though? I miss the Sacto valley... until I visit and get reminded of the urban sprawl and the ungodly amount of trash and garbage strewn everywhere. Its too bad, cuz the PNW kinda sucks for keeping old cars nice.

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60DoubleTurd
Type 3 Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmynotch wrote:
If I remember right, wasn't "American Grafitti" filmed in Santa Rosa though? I miss the Sacto valley... until I visit and get reminded of the urban sprawl and the ungodly amount of trash and garbage strewn everywhere. Its too bad, cuz the PNW kinda sucks for keeping old cars nice.

I am pretty sure that it was filmed in Modesto.

SBS #17
racerx45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

62type3square wrote:
jimmynotch wrote:

I am pretty sure that it was filmed in Modesto.

It was filmed in Petaluma for the most part; there were a few shots in Santa Rosa. The story was set in Modesto.
My High School auto body teacher and his brother built the cars in for that movie. He told me some very cool stories about the back stage stuff. They didn’t have time to finish the cars so if you look at the interior of the ’32 you will notice it is blacked out because it didn’t have one. The actor is sitting on a bucket Exclamation The other one that sticks out is that they never could fix one of the headlights on the bug. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: