Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hope I did ok.
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73speedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Hope I did ok. Reply with quote

never bought a car without even seeing it. Just read what I saw on the Samba Classified and bought it. Here it is:

This 73 bug has a 1955 cc motor with Porsche connecting rods, 76 mm stroker/balanced crankshaft x 90.5 mm pistons, 40mm intake x 35mm exhaust valves with a single 2 barrel 40mm weber carburetor and a full flow oil filtration system. Has an eye catching fairly good Aqua blue Imeron paint job with scoops at front and rear air intake vents. Also has a european style front bumper, front DISC brakes with Porsche replica style 15" wheels, excellent tires and a REBUILT transmission.

The interior is customized with german VDO gauges, scat close ratio drag shifter and excellent color coordinated (brown/tan) upholstery and door panels.

Have several miscellaneous parts that I will throw in, including heavy duty anti-sway bars, a new carpet kit and stinger exhaust.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=227119

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=227120

motor needs some cleanup and fresh wiring!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=227118

front and rear scoops

My uncle had it up on the lift and doing heads and floorpans for me before I return from Afghanistan. Can't wait! Very Happy[/img]

Last edited by 73speedbug on Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:29 am; edited 4 times in total
TheGuitarGuy
Riviera Penthouse Resident

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great car. I love those seats in the front!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73speedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: added pics. Reply with quote

Soory the add I had for you all to view was cancelled. I added the pics. Let me know what you think! Thanks
VW Baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice car! She looks pretty solid and judging from the pics, I'd say you've done well. Wink
69calibug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Cool Those seats look like Recaros out of a later 16V VW, that someone had professionally reupholstered. Very comfortable (and expensive) seats.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: