Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi dual oil cooler mount
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Empi dual oil cooler mount Reply with quote

Hey everybody I'm looking for any info on the Empi dual oil cooler mount that was used on early race cars and or street cars?. I have only seen one picture of it sitting on a bench and I would like to see one installed and or installation instructions on how and mounting locations. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Julio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Well that square deal on the bottom of the picture goes where your stock oil cooler would go. You can mount the batwing peice where ever you feel LOOK'S good and where it would fit as it take's up alot of space in the engine compartment Laughing Seriously though mount it where you think it look's good because judging from looking at the peice you can mount it really anywhere.It's obvious where the hoses go Wink

My kit is not complete but the only parts missing are the 3 brackets and the hose's can be bought anywhere. I am going to fabricate the brackets as I have a picture of them. HEY JULIO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR KIT Question

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
59 renault dauphine (work in progress)
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot restojohnny I really appreciate the info, unfortunatley I don't have one YET. I have a possible line on one and I'm hoping it pans out. A friend and I are building a stroker 36er with a few tricks and we are trying to keep it old school so this would be the s**t and functional since we know it's going to run warm. You wouldn't happen to know anybody with one that they might want to sell do you?
Thanks for your help!

-Julio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Julio,
Nice Judson & okrasa stuff ya got (I checked your pic's) That Empi crank you got is that the one from Mike B. ?? The one on Ebay ?? I don't know anyone selling one. It took me forever to complete mine. I found 10 of the square cooler peices but never the batwing part. I got hooked up from a good buddy who just happened to have it. (THANKS JEREMY Wink ) I swore NEVER to sell it and I won't it's going on my 43 split. Very Happy Good Luck Exclamation
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
59 renault dauphine (work in progress)
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Johnny,
I bought a basket case Okrasa motor at the Berg parking lot swapmeet, Gene had bought and started building this motor for Dee's split but got side tracked and left it on a shelf for the next 30 years.Thanks for letting me buy it Dee and thanks Dyno Don. Even though it was really rough it was complete. It wasn't til about a month later when we split the case did we find this crank. It is std std and beautiful. As for the Judson, I took it off the Ghia and think I'm going to sell the car I am also reluctantly going to sell the complete kit with decklid and scoop to help fund the new motor (almost done!)and cool vintage speed goodies for the vert. I'll keep hounding my buddy on the possible cooler set up and see what happens. Thanks restojohnny, and I can't wait to see that thing insalled on you 43.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: