Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

66 Square in a junkyard!!!
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylvester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: 66 Square in a junkyard!!! Reply with quote

A sad sight indeed. Went to my local pull a part and there was a 66 Square on blocks! Not even a rustbucket, but no interior, and I did not check the motor or trans. Had some dents but really it was not in bad body shape. I did take the fuel guage from it as I try to save things from being crushed, but wanted to see if anyone in the Atlanta area would be interested in getting this, just let me know.

Oct. 22, 1929. 8:30 pm. The ship is making water fast. We have turned around and headed for Milwaukee. Pumps are working, but sea gate is bent in and can't keep the water out. Flicker is flooded. Seas are tremendous. Things look bad. Crew roll is about the same as last payday. A.R. Sadon, Purser.
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be saved.
urchin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get it and part it out I am looking for some parts for my 66 sq bk
Sylvester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Weelllllll,,,, Reply with quote

I don't have anyplace to put it, otherwise I would. I live in an apartment, so putting a rolling 66 in the parking lot would garantee it being towed quick, ask me how I know! Anyone want a 66 fuel guage?

Oct. 22, 1929. 8:30 pm. The ship is making water fast. We have turned around and headed for Milwaukee. Pumps are working, but sea gate is bent in and can't keep the water out. Flicker is flooded. Seas are tremendous. Things look bad. Crew roll is about the same as last payday. A.R. Sadon, Purser.
urchin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your so lucky to be able to find that stuff. I have not seen a type 3 of any kind around here in 20 years.
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that '66 square in the norcross pull-a-part. If so I got the all the red interior out of it, og motor & sunroof cables also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
65Swngr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somone save the 66 square!! Sad
87 cabrio- daily driver
new update
speedo works now started at 74851
now- 83116
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or at least get the vin and put it in the type 3 registry...
95 Jetta
98 323is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already asked the owners about buying the whole car, but they would not sell any complete car only parts. It had only been there 1 day when I asked. Besides the roof being rusted out in a few places, due to clogged sunroof drains the car was not too bad. Shame to see it go to the crusher. I got the vin so I will try to post it to the registry. I also need to add my dozen or so type 3's to the registry also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aggro_jo
Samba Sticker Pimp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by aggro_jo on Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustyfastback wrote:
I already asked the owners about buying the whole car, but they would not sell any complete car only parts. It had only been there 1 day when I asked. Besides the roof being rusted out in a few places, due to clogged sunroof drains the car was not too bad. Shame to see it go to the crusher. I got the vin so I will try to post it to the registry. I also need to add my dozen or so type 3's to the registry also.

Ah, so you are my competition out here? We might have passed each other from time to time in there, I haunt it a lot. I about cried when I saw that square there, reminds me of a 60's Ghia I found there too long ago, stripped to nothing, but had all the glass! I should have pulled it out! That is a good odea to get a dealer to get them out, I will look into it.

kastoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Square in a junkyard!!! Reply with quote

Please keep us apprised of this cars situation. I live in Lagrange, GA and am actively looking for a Type 3 cheapie or freebie to work on and I may need parts. I saw somewhere else here or was it another VW site that a bunch of squares and bugs are in a junkyard in Prattville AL, which is 15 minutes North of Montgomery AL, which is 2 hours south of ATL downtown I-85.

Sylvester75Westy wrote:
A sad sight indeed. Went to my local pull a part and there was a 66 Square on blocks! Not even a rustbucket, but no interior, and I did not check the motor or trans. Had some dents but really it was not in bad body shape. I did take the fuel guage from it as I try to save things from being crushed, but wanted to see if anyone in the Atlanta area would be interested in getting this, just let me know.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: