Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Meyer has a new engine!
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Meyer has a new engine! Reply with quote

Last edited by Meyer on Tue May 02, 2006 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and I hope you get many miles/years of service out of it. Being a new engine did you get a chance to install an spin type oil filter? If not give it some thought even if all you install is the pump/filter arragement it will be one heck of an improvement. Good luck.

By the way contrary to many in this forum I say go with synthetic oil, say 5W30 or 10W30 from Mobil 1 or Amsoil, specially if you do install an spin type oil filter.

One day I will have a beutiful bus like yours.
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Meyer on Tue May 02, 2006 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the paint work! It really compliments the Bus nicely. Might want to look into alternative mounting locations for the fuel filter? Engine fires are BAD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dan macmillan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: fuel filters Reply with quote

Why does it seem that everyone likes to put a plastic fuel filter on the pressure side of the system.... in a hot environment.....usually without hose clamps. I guess people either do not think or they like the bright light of a magnesium fire.

Come on guys, you all put a lot of time and money and thought into restoring these beautiful rides. Put a little bit into the fuel system. Clamp all fittings, safety wire the fuel inlet nipple on the carb or better yet install a threaded inlet fitting, Filters on the suction side out of the engine bay near the fuel tank. I even go to the trouble of re-routing the fuel line so that it does not pass through the vibrating cooling tin. I enter through the solid body and have a flexible link to the pump.
Locations differ between my 74 beetle, 74 Thing, 79 type 2, 66 Modified Manx, 68 Jeffries Kyote.
www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/7445 Kyote site
www.geocities.com/phoenixsigouin Manx site
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=219979 Thing
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=219223
Thing
Later
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice plug for YOUR rides Dan, but this is meyer's thread.

True statement on taking the extra precautions with the fuel system but you could have left out the pics of your cars and put them in YOUR readers ride thread.

sweet ass manx by the way.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real nice.

Minor projects always turn into much more, but the results speak for themselves.

Enjoy.

Dan... as to the fuel filter... read this:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136647&highlight=fuel+filter

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea,
What Glenn said. I've never seen you driving in the area. What part of Seattle do you frequent?
dan macmillan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the links I did not mean to infringe on meyers thread. Any way they are only links and you are not forced to follow them, had I actually posted pics in the thread it would be different. Thanks for the compliments. mark m who are you referring to about Seattle?
Later
Dan
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the engine...BTW you have a clean bus Cool
6d7vdub
Samba Slacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markm wrote:
Yea,
What Glenn said. I've never seen you driving in the area. What part of Seattle do you frequent?

Meyer is around a little bit...but I have yet to run into him personally also...lol. One of these days. Looks good Meyer - hope to see you around then!!

Sadie's Site

http://positivepause.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: