Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

were can you buy notchracks?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that the size on a rack would probably push it into oversize charges when they charge you like it's 200 lbs. or something else ridiculous.

Greyhound might be better in this case but you can't really expect a "business" to deliver to Greyhound.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Greyhound might be better in this case but you can't really expect a "business" to deliver to Greyhound.

Hear that Martin...you're not a real business Very Happy Guess you better hike up your shipping rates and send thru "real" shippers...so much for saving T3 volks money...

Just bustin' your balls, Ev...but small businesses can get away with it when their customer base is "frugal" Wink
The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't expect a business to use Greyhound but the customer service oriented ones will do what they can. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been suspicious that Greyhounds prices fluctuate depending on from where to where, how many passengers are on that route and how often the route is used. Like they make up lost money by charging you more or giving you a deal when the route is full. Instead of a consistant price. I know Uhaul, Ryder and airlines use this flux so maybe Greyhound does. I only mention it because I have used them alot and have never gotten a consistant price on items Ive felt were in the same ball park of each other. Think

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
I have always been suspicious that Greyhounds prices fluctuate depending on from where to where, how many passengers are on that route and how often the route is used. Like they make up lost money by charging you more or giving you a deal when the route is full. Instead of a consistant price. I know Uhaul, Ryder and airlines use this flux so maybe Greyhound does. I only mention it because I have used them alot and have never gotten a consistant price on items Ive felt were in the same ball park of each other. Think

But freight items are shipped 'Space Available' and I have come within a few dollars of the online quote for shipping items versus when I get to the station.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Nope, they quoted me $1.00 lbs to Topeka from Des Moines. But the extra was because of the size. If it had been like a package, it would have been just $20.00, since it weighed 19.5 lbs.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: