Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My '67 and Fiberglass buggy project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glandnut wrote:
Man that top gives it a whole new attitude!! That steering wheel is gay.

That hurts, Jeff. Especially since I wouldn't have got it mounted unless you loaned me the wrench at the show. So, you helped me install it, and then call it gay. That 'aint right. Laughing

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply beautiful!

/* sheds a tear.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted much lately. Sold the '67 so I could pay to have my roof replaced. Lifes a bitch. Still have the buggy, it's doing well.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Took it to a local track a few months ago and ran high 8's in the 8th. Beat an IROC and a Mustang Cobra. That was fun.

New project:

Traded an old boat I had for a 2-seater rail with a 1600dp. Just started the tear-down and don't have any pics yet.

5 of the 8 exhaust studs snapped off the heads when I removed the old rusty exhaust from the engine. The bobcat exhaust wouldn't come apart, and when I was trying to pry it off the engine, the j-tubes sprung up and destroyed a few pushrod tubes and pushrods. So, I'll be replacing the heads.

I've almost got all the parts together for the rail. New Poly seats with Jazz covers, slider mounts, harnesses, lights, wiring harness, brakes, etc etc. Last weekend I removed the engine, old fiberglass seats, brake lines, and relocated the pedal assembly. I also added a buggy front bumper.

Should start the clean-up for paint here shortly.

wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Uncle Bob, what is the surface treatment on the inside of your rear seat well, and what seats are you using? I'll be making some decisions about stuff like that for my clone before too long.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wythac wrote:
Hey Uncle Bob, what is the surface treatment on the inside of your rear seat well, and what seats are you using? I'll be making some decisions about stuff like that for my clone before too long.

The inside of the tub was a mess, so I had spray-in bedliner applied inside and out. It's more rubberized than 'Safari Lining' and seems to be holding up well. Unfortunately, the guy that did it didn't prep the outside of the buggy and the stuff is seperating from the body. When I get some free time, I plan on removing it all from the sides and doing it myself.

For the seats, I used Corbeau Baja SS seats. Love them. In hindsight, I should have went with cloth, because if the vinyl is left uncovered in the Florida Sun, they get extremely hot.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: