Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2ltr type 4 turbos, into a type 3
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitslayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: 2ltr type 4 turbos, into a type 3 Reply with quote

i know thow whole, can i put a type 4 into a type 3 has been discussed before, but im thinking about putting a type 4 2ltr into the back of my fastback, with a turbo on it, has anyone done this before?
what kind of issues are there, cooling the turbo? general cooling for the engine? recomended upgrades, like brakes etc
thanks
73notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=94781

-Ryan
pitslayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Very Happy
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: 2ltr type 4 turbos, into a type 3 Reply with quote

pitslayer wrote:
general cooling for the engine?

cut a big hole in the rear apron and drive everywhere in reverse, that will keep the engine cool... or give the engine to somebody who knows how to take care of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pitslayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartest thing ive heard all year, you need a medal, no seriously Rolling Eyes im not being sarcastic Rolling Eyes you seriously deserve a medal it must of taken all your brain power, to work that one out, so what do you reckon then, plasma cutter, angle grinder i mean its genius, drive it in reverse with a big hole in the back, why didnt i think of that, i reckon you should enter a competion about the best idea ever thought off this year, youd sure to win it

and why give someone an engine thats pretty much shagged to someone to look after. "here look after my engine for me"
"yeh ok, just put it down on the coffee table, ill make it a cup of coffee, give it some pillows"
"cheers"

suppose if i give it someone ill be loosing out on money but, then it does leave space in the back for another engine, id imagine trying to shoe horn another engine it at the same time would be a bit difficult.

anyone know what would be better, high pressure or low pressure turbo? low pressure turbos are pretty easy to pick up for pennys
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitslayer wrote:
you seriously deserve a medal

thanks, i already have a medal. i'll post pics when i can get ahold of a camera Wink but i think i'd be facing some limp competition for that best idea medal. a log splitter should work for the apron hole.
really though, there are turbos available that allow you to regulate the pressure boost. try a search in the performance forum, i'm sure theres something already written on the subject.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just use a t3 or similar. Boost is adjustable. Are you going to use FI or carbs?
pitslayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most probably going for carbs, fuel injection is to electrical for me lol
most probably be twin 40s or something

cool thanks bsqaure didnt know you could get regulated turbos

would an intercooler be recomended?
cheers Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: