Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

One stop shop for brake rebuild parts.
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: One stop shop for brake rebuild parts. Reply with quote

I am going to go through the brake on my cali vacation car when I vist in the spring, so I am trying to find somwhere in the USA to get all the parts I need and have them sent to my friend where my car is stored.
Its a 66 square.

List so far.
rear cylinders
front caliper kits
all soft lines.
master cylinder

On the master cylinder the 66 i think is one year only disc brake single curcuit, so I am thinking of using a 67 twin circuit and moving./ remaking the relevant hard lines, is this simple as i think?

Looked at cip1, they dont seem to have the soft lines.

Any ideas? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where does anyone get any brake parts from? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey buddy, how ya been?

you can get all the brake parts from bill and steves in downey
vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing from single circuit to dual circuit is a very smart swap for safety sake and its not hard at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my 65 I used a plastic T from the filler to the top of the master, I blocked off the extra holes with brass plugs. I hooked up the brake light switch to the hole closest to the firewall, so the brake lights went on instantly. Bill and Steves might have the correct 66 one for you, and I am almost positive they have the stock rebuild kit should you decide to go that route
bobskulll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience with the aftermarket caliper rebuild kits is that the piston seals are too big. They are meant for aftermarket calipers which have bigger pistons although by only a tiny amount . I would recomend just switching to aftermarket calipers. They aren't of the same quality of the originals. but at least you can rebuild them when they fail. Maybe someone offers the correct kits, but I haven't been able to find them very easily.
ddb member #9
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the after market calipers supplyed by most companys were ghia or bug ones which are smaller.

So you saying if i get the caliper kits from for example cip1 there not the right size?

Confused
bobskulll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, at least in my experience. If you really want to keep your original calipers you should try to find some nos kits, but I know that's easier said than done.
ddb member #9
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: