Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A little reintroduction
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Give it time. All of us here need to be reminded every once in a while. We dont know it all and are guilty of a multitude of sins. The longer you stay the less the light is cast on you. Hell I dont even realize Im here half the time anymore. Shocked Laughing
Who are you again??

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, no problem. Fitting right in of fading out..........

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tram wrote:
AllAmericanDan wrote:
No one has been an asshole to me yet just some seemed a little less than friendly. I can live and let live and just deal with those that are cool with me, I don't really know any of you guys personally it's an internet forum and I am the new guy just trying to fit in....

Don't "try to fit in"... blaze your own trail! That's what being a Type 3er is all about! Don't worry, sometimes we flay each other in here, but we stick up for each other in the Rants...sometimes...ah, crap, who am I fooling? Laughing

Post some pix of yer pile.
Be sure to make the Type 3 Invasion in July.

Yeah, like me. I'm not scared of sawzalls, and even put them to use. Twisted Evil I try to think outside the box, or even outside the box that it came in. Razz And as soon as this customer ghia is gone, my Roadster is going back in for it's t-4 engine conversion.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a little rough around this neighborhood lately Laughing But hey welcome anyhow. Now the real question...
Are you coming over to the dark side or do we have to drag you in kicking and screaming???

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have seen my 13 year old grandson's eyes light up, when I mentioned that the next warmish weekend, he could come down, and we would take the sawzall to the body on the parts car. I think he has some of Tim Allen's DNA in his system.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AllAmericanDan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you coming over to the dark side or do we have to drag you in kicking and screaming???

Ok stupid question..what is the Darkside?....you're not going to show me your lightsaber or something??? Shocked I don't swing that way... Laughing

Click to view image
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know somewhere on this site there is probably a dictionary but to make it easy...

Light side- stock Cool
Darkside- slammed, stoked and smokin. Twisted Evil

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
ddare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a darksider as well, hopefully will be finished with the bodywork on the main shell of my '72 squareback by the end of the month and laying down some primer (I shaved the drip rails because they were rusted through and welded in an electric sunroof frame, front and rear end were smashed up too so lots of filler on this car). i have been putting in 8 hour days every day since I'm off from school at the local community college and I am beat. No power tools for the bodywork, straight up blocking all of it bit by dirty bit. Good arm workout tho :p

will hopefully mud up the type 1 headlight conversion and the shaved door handles next month, kinda tough with a 1 month old baby but I have to get it done soon.
AllAmericanDan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you brought up the term only fair you should have to educate my ignorant ass a little. Laughing So yeah Twisted Evil darkside Twisted Evil was the plan to begin with. I plan on dumping it as soon as I redo the brakes and actually complete front end redo real soon hopefully. This car is extra so I have time to work on her in my spare time. It occasionally smokes already but not in a good way Embarassed

Click to view image
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:
You should have seen my 13 year old grandson's eyes light up, when I mentioned that the next warmish weekend, he could come down, and we would take the sawzall to the body on the parts car. I think he has some of Tim Allen's DNA in his system.

Start 'em young Russ. Cool That sawzall to metal is like a drug, once you start you can't stop. Twisted Evil I've seen grown men loose their minds when holding them, they just want to keep going. Shocked

Oh, and the power of the Darkside is stong, give in to it. Razz
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Russ Wolfe wrote:

Start 'em young Russ. Cool That sawzall to metal is like a drug, once you start you can't stop. Twisted Evil I've seen grown men loose their minds when holding them, they just want to keep going. Shocked

No doubt. You should have seen Keith Park with a sawzall in hand. He was grinning from ear to ear cutting up a relatively rust free square.

FU#3
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Quote:

No doubt. You should have seen Keith Park with a sawzall in hand. He was grinning from ear to ear cutting up a relatively rust free square.

Now that would have been a sight to see. Laughing Anyone have pictures that we can blown up for the next Invasion? Laughing
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
https://www.carartbyjohn.com
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaransonT3 wrote:
notchback wrote:
Quote:

Now that would have been a sight to see. Laughing Anyone have pictures that we can blown up for the next Invasion? Laughing
It was just him and I and I forgot to bring a camera. He didn't cry at all. He cut out the drivers side pan edge/seat rail and both rear corners for the eggcrate.

FU#3
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: