Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

starting to come along...63 rag
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
actorboy
Samba Bum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote
Quote:
Thats a sweet pic. Growler does know his shit after all, he was born with an I.D.A. up his ass.

All I got was fuckin hemorhoids! LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JackDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, she's a real bute! Wink I think the height is perfect, but there's certainly nothing wrong with a slammed bug, either! Wink
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkim wrote:
Thats a sweet pic. Growler does know his shit after all, he was born with an I.D.A. up his ass. Laughing

Skim, thanks for the props! Coming from one of the VW masters, that means alot Wink

Thats some good shit about Growler too! LMAO!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalLowLife209
Mr. Saran Wrap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks good with the smoothies on it. BTW are you thinking of selling them to a lonely 14 year old?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chuck_G
AKA Growler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what happens when I slack on my rounds, Skim starts clownin' me!

Erik, that shit is on hit now. I still say drop the front another notch and just flatten the parts of the road in your commute that you hit on. You'll eventually knock them down to your clearance, like a road planer. Laughing

Erik, we'll know about Cali this week. Wink
Chuck_G
AKA Growler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Dan, Thanks for the offer! We'll figure that shit out here soon.
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple of years of beating on the stock 63 tranny, it's time to upgrade. This new heavy duty tranny is going in this week...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! What size is your engine? I haven't really experienced what a built motor is like when its stuck to a stock unit.. But the 1914 w/ Dual 44's that was mated to a "Super Street" trans in my friends now deceased oval FLEW.. Good thing you have discs upfront now. He didn't, and thats why the car no longer exists..
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STREETRAT_JHC wrote:
Nice! What size is your engine? I haven't really experienced what a built motor is like when its stuck to a stock unit.. But the 1914 w/ Dual 44's that was mated to a "Super Street" trans in my friends now deceased oval FLEW.. Good thing you have discs upfront now. He didn't, and thats why the car no longer exists..

Come on up and I'll take you for a ride in my bus and show you what's up Shocked
TimAlan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
STREETRAT_JHC wrote:

Come on up and I'll take you for a ride in my bus and show you what's up Shocked

I'm down.. What's inside? The 1914 was built in conjunction with Ray.. so you know it's done right. I can't remember what the cam is for the life of me.. But I know it's from Scat.. and it has straight cut gears for that performance sound, full flow case, dog house fan shroud, welded heads with some larger valves and extra port work, and dual 44's.. which made most of the power. The trans is a beast.. I miss that car.. If I get brave I might just toss that setup in my ride...

Back to Ragman's '63..
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rag, What ever happened with the seats and brackets we talked about od did you stick with the stock stuff?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STREETRAT_JHC wrote:
What size is your engine?

MEANIRISHMOFO wrote:
Hey Rag, What ever happened with the seats and brackets we talked about od did you stick with the stock stuff?

My seats are the stock ones and they are still in need of some reinforcement/fixing or replacement. The low backs are all messed up, and a couple welds are broken. I guess the tranny wasn't the only thing that couldn't handle the beatings. I haven't been working on my bug too much in the past 6 months since I've been spending most my efforts finishing up small shit on my bus.
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: