Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

parking lights
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: parking lights Reply with quote

My rear parking lights are driving me nuts! Confused

The front parking lights on the 65 1500S square work great. Front and rear directionals work fine as well as the brake lights. I have no license plate light, no interior luggage light and no rear parking lights. All fuses are good (#1 and #2 on my 10 fuse box) Fuse #1 covers luggage, left tail light and both front parking lights. Number 2 covers license plate and right tail light.
What am I not seeing? Where do the electric lines join before the fuse box? maybe there is a short there? Is there a relay that I might have missed when I converted over to 12 volt? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start tracing the power. Since you have power at the 1 and 2 fuses at the fuse box, start there and see if you have power on down the wires to the rear.
That 66 Euro diagram on my site is a 10 fuse fuse box, and has 3 fuses for the park lights. 1, 2, and 7. You say you have the 10 fuse fuse box, so yours should be wired that way.
There are 2 seperate terminals on a head light switch for the park lights. Front and rears are seperate.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: