Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oh God! Greeen Glass
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locknar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Oh God! Greeen Glass Reply with quote

I finally found a glass company locally that could get a windshield for a 73 t3. He said that it would have a green tint near the top. I didnt think anything of it since most glass has a slightly blue tint. Now that the windshield is sitting here in the garage it looks really really green. Heck it almost looks green all over. Will this be as strong when it is installed on the vehicle? If you have this type glass, please post a pic of your vehicle.

My Fav vw shop: www.airkooledkustoms.com

1973-T3-SQB
1971-1302
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a windshield put into my 62 Bug that ended up being tinted - the whole glass was tinted uniformly green, not a "top edge" type. They put it in by mistake, as I had requested a plain windshield, and they didn't charge me any extra for the tinted glass. It was fairly green, but in use, I almost never noticed it. About the only time I was reminded that it was a tinted window was when I'd get in the car before sweeping snow off the windows, then I'd notice the snow looked green out the windshied.

-Andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of those here installed in the cars. It only looks out of place when compared to the other clear untinted glass in the rest of the car. Rolling Eyes Like said above, once it's installed, and you've been driving it, you won't notice it. Very Happy I put one in my Notch, mainly because the old one was sand pitted (Texas sandstorms), and was full of ice scraper scratches. It was so bad that I couldn't drive the car at night due to the glare. Shocked After the install, I started driving that car everyday, and hated to have to put it away in mid October (salt season was about to start here). I've gotten so used to it now, that I actually prefer it over the untinted glass (I do a LOT of summer driving).
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: