Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel line install question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Fuel line install question Reply with quote

O.k. Finally got fuel lines. Nice having a good euro specific auto shop close to home, I got good German braided fuel line.

Now I've replacted all the hoses that came off, the old grotted origional stuff from 1973. Still stock after all these years... I'm still stunned to think about how I made it home from Ohio when I picked it up. It makes the day long sortie down the Appalachian chain all the more amazing.

My question: anyone have a diagram for correct fuel line placement for a '73 with heater?
I want to do it right the first time...
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No diagram, and my fuel lines aren't original, but here's how mine goes:

Tank to T connection with rubber line.

One side of the T goes into the body (to the motor).

The other side of the T goes to a cheap plastic filter, then to the heater fuel pump.

---

I'll be modifying mine with a 12v pump in the near future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: