Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

heat for a 74
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
honky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: heat for a 74 Reply with quote

I replaced the cables and associated heat hardware. I see under the back seat the Y heat ducts but cant see how the heat gets to the scoop thing on the tunnel in the front that either goes up to defroster or down to floor. Is there suppose to be ducts running from the back Y to the front ? and if so the tranistion piece to the scoop must be a special part ?
Some "thing" new every day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Cosa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: 74 Heat duct Reply with quote

Yes, there is a flexible tube on each side of the tunnel exterior that goes to the front plastic heat shroud. Then a single hose up to the defroster. The two flexible tubes have metal covers over them in the rear seat area and plastic ones in the front.
honky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Gottcha Reply with quote

Well for once I lucked out. Was wondering what those plates were for in the box of stuff I got with the car. All four too.
Thanks just in time for Winter :(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lukesky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get the two front pieces? I've got the back metal shrouds and the duct that's screwed onto the tunnel, but I need the bits in the middle.
markie61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen both from time to time on ebay and in the Samba classifieds.

Mark
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: