Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Some help please with my M-code plate.
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Some help please with my M-code plate. Reply with quote

Ok, so I am sitting here bored to death in Denver waiting for a load. I was looking through some of the Westy threads on here an started researching my M-code plate for my 66 Westy.

My M-code plate
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It reads :

23 5

430 B42 080 108 133 168

XF 2312 523538 6157711

My questions are :

#1. What is the 181 ? Is it the chrome hubcap M-code ?

#2. Export code of XF, thats France. Could it be a tourist delivery ?

#3. M-code 133. Anyone know this one yet ?

#4. The VIN# of 6157711 does not match what is on the site here. My VIN# plate on the fresh air vent starts with a 23 then the 6157711.

Help out if you can.

Thanks,
Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 181 is likely wrapped up in the M108 "preparation for camping equipment"
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lind.

I see the M-108 as :

108 Camping Equipment aka "without side windows" (5 louvered windows instead of all solid/popout windows) Westfalia SO42 kit

Was not sure as I have not really seen 2 lines of M-codes.
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve copied this from a Volkswagen Transporter Options and Coachword Variations manual.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Some help please with my M-code plate. Reply with quote

#1. What is the 181 ? Is it the chrome hubcap M-code ?
--- As far as your mcodes, I don't see anything strange. You just had too many to fit on one line. 181 is chrome caps in all literature I have come across. Lind's answer seems confusing since the 181 is specified on its own.

#2. Export code of XF, thats France. Could it be a tourist delivery ?
---Yes, France was one of the "39" pickup spots for tourist delivery, although I'm not sure it would be called out as XF? Typically it got the UT or UX, but since you have the North american import package mcode, It does seem strange.

#3. M-code 133. Anyone know this one yet ?
---M133: "UT stamp die is down again. use XF die until UT tool can be reworked." Ah, thats explains question #2 =)

#4. The VIN# of 6157711 does not match what is on the site here. My VIN# plate on the fresh air vent starts with a 23 then the 6157711
---The overhead plate will list the full 9 digit VIN which consists of the model number (23), the last number of the year(6) and the rest of the VIN. The mplate only shows the last 7 digits of the VIN.
236157711 is your full VIN. All buses went to the 9 digit VIN's in aug of 64. VIN lists typically show '21' for the first two numbers because that is a panel and is the default for most lists. You can see on dropgates that the VIN list is setup for '26' for all post aug64 trucks for example.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I have never seen 2 lines of M-codes. I got a cool bus.

The B42 M-code is for the poptop, tent and rack. I gotta find me some now. Very Happy

Thanks for the responces guys.
FrenchBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
About the M-133,do you know if there is a third button just under the radio block off plate?
Lots of bus in France had this code and this button,this a klaxon with two tone(city/country).This M-code disappear to be included in the M-397.
It seems that yours stay cause it's a delivery tourist bus ,and don't have the M-397.

Our forum have lots of discussion about M-code,and i think this could be one explanation for the M-133.

Best regards
Nico
www.original-bus.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SOCALBOMBER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 133 in my M-code as well, and I really wanted to know what it meant, so I ordered a birth certificate for my splitty. On it had what 133 stands for, so I emailed Mr. Barnes the info and he updated the number! Go check it out! Hey trucker chris, next time your down here in tucson, let me know and Ill show you the bus and the birth certificate! By the way dude, where were you at chircos bugtoberfest last year (2011)? We hung out at the camp out that the tucson bus mob was throwing for bugtober fest in 2010 and you were a party! I was the dude with the red bay window who knows lee (skate) in sbs. Doubt you remember cause you were partying hard and you crashed out in front of chirco with oval joe!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: