Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EMPI parts quality
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Ben Gun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: EMPI parts quality Reply with quote

Is it just me or are the EMPI parts the worst quality parts ever made. I have been trying to instal a 36hp fan shroud with dog house oil cooler. Im on my third shroud due to various manufacturing flaws. These flaws would not let me install the part. I.E. oil cooler would not fit into the shroud due to miss located (Spot Welded) Tin. Next shroud misslocated nut plates for dog house tin. Third shroud the end that slips into the cylinder tin on the right hand side was assembled wrong. This included a large bow on one corner and some tin welded out of possition. Im ready to pull my hair out Im so pissed off. I wrote the EMPI company an E mail and explained all of the above. No reply yet. I wanted to get input from the board here to help correct the problem. If you read this please provide your input as to the quality / sevice ability of the parts you may have bought from them. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by Old Ben Gun on Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
cswi9367
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, everything EMPI, good luck with that. try scat. its the best non OEM there is for shroud that i have found.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO at least 90 % of the crap EMPI ( the modern era EMPI of course! Wink ) sells is total crap meant to suck un-knowing/ un-educated ACVW owners wallets dry.

I use very few of the items they sell... maybe cylinder shims and tin screws, the occasional exhaust system when time or budget won't allow for anything else.

all the other chrome dress up or other parts they sell are junk and I have tossed a great deal of it in the trash after removing it from other owners cars and putting on stock parts that fit and work.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6d7vdub
Samba Slacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, even the smallest and simplest of things...example, my wire cover holes are a little too far apart...ahhh...oh well, cheap shit anyways.

Sadie's Site

http://positivepause.com
ktwizza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, I had the same problem with the wire cover. I only use one of the bolt holes.
"There was only one road back to L.A. US Interstate 15, just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo. Then on to the Hollywood Freeway straight into frantic oblivion: safety, obscurity. Just another freak in the Freak Kingdom."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Old Ben Gun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply to the letter yet. Thanks for information so far.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen, modern EMPI products are garbage.

Restore/repaint/chrome original engine tin if you want quality.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wakywaco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the little gold sticker thats says ( taiwan- roc) says it all, same with hecho en mexico. 100% junk.
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's all junk now,just trying to make a buck off the old name.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay for the name like 65vert said, Thats true with most anything in the world today! Confused

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: