Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Phoenix Bug-o-Rama is ON
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Phoenix Bug-o-Rama is ON Reply with quote

I just got the word that the Phoenix Bug-o-Rama is back on. Bugorama Promotions (Sac, Vegas, The Classic) are now running Phoenix.
The date for 2007 is April 15th and will not interfere with Red Barn/Kelly Park.

I would like to thank the Holes for stepping up and bringing back Phoenix and having it on a date that doesn't interfere with RB/KP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is true!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Espinosa
8 Mile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firebird like normal?

speedworld is going on as well. two drag racing events in town...

works for me.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I need a new Event Staff shirt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up there.

Question, with Speedworld holding a PRA Nationals event on March 25, 2007, will it be a PRA event at Phoenix Bugorama also?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mixed feeling about the Bug-O-rama now. We were told the Phoenix show would no longer be put on because their pursuit of other business opportunities and interests. What? Those things didn't work out so they're going to shake down AZ to fill up the account again? I am just skeptical because I always thought the event was over priced. Why the big change of heart? It can't be for the love of Volkswagens or it wouldn't have been canceled in the first place. I suspect its a quick easy buck and think the prices may be even higher. Don't know if I'll be there or not, may chose to procrastinate on taxes so I have an excuse to stay home that day, just don't know. So, if people stay away this year will they fold up the tent again or keep having the event until they regain their numbers? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous BOR were run by Rick Mortenson and his staff. This is the first year that the Hole's are doing it. For those of you who don't know, they are also doing the Classic.

Another BIG show in Az....I'll be there. It'll give me an excuse to hang out with the PHX folks.

Count me and the boy in!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Rick said he couldn't do it because of health issues. It was never permanently canceled. This is direct from Rick via an email to me last year.

The stories that it was permanently canceled were just rumors.

I have heard they are going to reconfigure the layout to put the show and swap next to each other. I hope this is true. I always thought the hugely split layout was insane.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dantrefethen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Firebird? Reply with quote

Espinosa wrote:
firebird like normal?

works for me.

Was this answered or did I just miss it?

Speedworld or Firebird? For the new Bug-O-Rama.
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I guess I misread from the beginning of the thread. As far as rumors, I only heard the one version so when you don't hear any other different versions or totally different stories it just seems to be the true version. I hope dude is better, but at the same time I am glad it is in someone else's hands because it wasn't very organized. Like what was already pointed out about the swap and show. The two things I think need a serious overhall are prices and the cluster f*** at the entrance. Also the location of the car corral and hidden swappers in that middle road. I'll be there to see how it goes.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugorama Promotions now owns Phoenix Bugorama, also the Classic, Las Vegas and both Sac events.
In conversations I have had with Steve Hole they are going to try their best to make Phoenix better. I have addressed the entry problem with Steve (my main concern) and haven't talked to him about the lay-out of the event. The Holes are open to any sugestions they recieve and appear to want to do their best to make it a smoother and easier event to attend.
I'm sure that if any questions or comments about Phoenix are made in this forum Steve will see it and reply if necessary.
jdnels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Bugorama Reply with quote

Too bad it did not stay a Saturday event.
vwdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was copied from ricks own B-O-R web site (www.bug-o-rama.com)

News I will finish my own VW projects in 06'! Phoenix Bug-O-Rama 32 Not Being Held in 2006 The Phoenix Bug-O-Rama Event will not be held in 2006, due to health conditions the event promoter is currently working with.

The future of the event will depend upon how well Rick get's his condition within the recommended parameters set by his Dr. "The event is a part of me, but does not take priority over my health issues and other family priorities. For the past 21 years I have sacrificed a great deal of personal time, energy, finances and effort, which have all taken their toll on me. My health and personal priorities are more important at this time than any car or VW event." (Rick Mortensen) Me by my 57 oval chop in 1971', that was inspired by all the drag bugs of that era... In 1994 I was diagnosed with Diabetes. For the first few years I was able to treat it with diet and exercise. In mid Dec. of 05' the Dr. advised me that my pancreas was no longer producing sufficient Insulin and I would need to start using it.
With the work load I have in my Executive Management role and all the stresses associated with it...I have decided to cut back on my work load in 06'. The event is WORK and requires a personal sacrifice of time, finances and effort to promote it. I have always stated that when the risks and costs begin to outweigh the benefits or Return On Investment, it makes no sense to continue to invest my effort into it, especially at the risk of ruining my health."
The 97' BERG Cruise...my altime favorite event! I drove my 2110cc 67 Bug 5200 miles, in the middle of May, from Phoenix to Detroit and back! My last Cal Look car...67 Bug in 97'. It appeared on the cover of Hot VWs, Feb. Issue of 96' Phoenix Bug-O-Rama [email protected]
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have the swap on the same side of the strip as the car show ?

I know between the lake an the drag strip it is huge.
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping it was a Saturday show/dragracing like in the past.
Friday nite = Frenchy Dehoux's Pre-BOR BBQ.
Saturday = Phoenix BOR
Sunday = Don Bulitta Post BOR BBQ.

I wonder how the BBQs are going to work out for Phoenix BOR 2007?
I am planning for next years' event since it doesn't conflict my local San Jose Kelley Park show.
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
Back up there.

Question, with Speedworld holding a PRA Nationals event on March 25, 2007, will it be a PRA event at Phoenix Bugorama also?

Espinosa wrote:
firebird like normal?

works for me.

It might be called the Airkewld VW Nationals on 3/25/07.....

hint hint Very Happy

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In talking with Steve from Bugorama Promotions the Phoenix Bugorama (April 15th, 2007) will have the PRA,so will Speedworld also have the PRA a 3 weeks before Bugorama?
I will attend both events, just wondering about the drag raceing
sub-hatchtim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to get on staff how would i go about that
Bugorama Promotions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Bugorama in Phoenix Reply with quote

I’m sorry some of you would rather have a Saturday event than Sunday, but we feel that Sundays are better for most of the VW crowd. And, Frenchy had no problem moving his open house to Saturday night. I have been talking to Ronnie, Frenchy and others about changes that could make the Phoenix event better they have been giving us some good ideas. I will be flying to Phoenix in January and meeting with Ronnie & Frenchy to discuss their ideas in person. If anyone has any other ideas, concerns or would like to help please call or e-mail me, I’ll even pay for the call. Thanks, Steve Hole. (800) 929-0077.
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have known Rick since i came to the valley in 87. I attended every one of the events and worked about 25% of them. Rick is a hard working guy. For all the events problems, it was the biggest and best event in AZ. I am glad someone stepped up to continue the event. Rick told me the same thing as he told Everett about why he made the decision. I wish Rick the best and hope his health improves. For those of you that don't know, when the event did lose money it came out of one guys pocket. Not the sponsers.
Paul
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: