Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Greasing CVs...the clean and easy way
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Greasing CVs...the clean and easy way Reply with quote

I've been busy tonight catching up on threads from the last month. Just thought I'd make this its own thread in case it's missed in the other thread I posted it in.

I found/bought and have used this nifty little "tool" for thoroughly greasing CVs. He doesnt list one for a T2/T4 100mm CV, but I think he has it. I will check with him. See it here.....

http://coastoffroad.com/

Using this thoroughly packs the CV, and makes for a much cleaner job over hand packing of the CV. I was stoked with how well it worked. With the CV greaser plate and this grease gun....... http://www.powerluber.com/
greasing CVs was a snap, and a clean one at that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sweetlokin66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that hard to make its just a flat plate with three holes and a grease fitting! i prefer to get my hands dirty still.

Turbo type 4
http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=134157

66 NA hard top

****Insert event here****
mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, thats why I made two extra ones from a scrap piece of Lexan at my shop. Two blanks to keep it clean and all together in addition to the 2 I bought from Coast.

I'd rather have clean hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: