Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing at Barrett Jackson auction
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OC Resto-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took your comments as a "slap in the face" at my ability to build a quality car. I am NOT a "builder" in the sence that I do not do this for a living, this is a pure love and only a hobby for me. I have been into VW since 1983 and had my first VW (Squareback ) featured in Hot VW's in Feb. 1988. The Thing took me two years to build, and it was sold to a collector in AZ for $27K four years ago and HE put it on the block at BJ. The only reason I sold it in the first place was to make room in my garage to build my current '58 ragtop that I've had in my head for about 20 years. If it was my decision, I would have never sold it there, but at that time is wasn't my decision to make. I agree with the fact that BJ has driven up VW prices, but it also has done the same thing to the Mopars and every other 60's to mid-70's muscle car. VW's have become a desirable part of the American collector car hobby, and I'm really suprised it took this long to happen! It does suck for those of us who like the attractiveness of a "price-point" project car, but if you really look at prices of early domestic restoration parts, the VW stuff is right there or in some cases MORE expensive. As far as the language goes I apologize, but you need to look at your comments through MY eyes to understand how I felt. As far as you shutting ME up, I will be at all the So Cal shows this year if you would like to try. Wink

Darrell
Buddy Hale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your a douche Darrell

Buddy "the bondo king" Hale
OC Resto-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back to work Captain Bondo !
Thingggg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you know? Actually all sales @ actions are claimed to be legitimate, however because of varies reasons, (most have to do with taxes), they may not reflect the actual value of the item very well. Like I sad lots off times cash kickbacks are involved—especially in collectibles like art. If you don't think this is ever true ask your neighborhood IRS man.

Anyway if you have D Baker restore your Thing, I don't think you will even get half of 36K for it. Some Things just sound to good to be true—excuse the pun.

This was offensive language on my part because I personalizing it. I really meant was:

Anyway if you have ANYONE restore your Thing, I don't think you will even get half of 36K for it. Some Things just sound to good to be true—excuse the pun.

Sorry!

If I saw you in CA in person you probably would not tell me to STFU so I wouldn't try and retaliate--regardless if you did I would try. Wink
Buddy Hale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i dought it to Darrell is a real puss. I saw his thing and his 58 in person, and let me tell ya there are real junkers. Its crazy how cars look good in the mags.

Buddy "the bondo king" Hale
OC Resto-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Hale wrote:
Yeah i dought it to Darrell is a real puss. I saw his thing and his 58 in person, and let me tell ya there are real junkers. Its crazy how cars look good in the mags.

It's amazing what a magazines air brusher can do to touch up all the hacked-up body work, fish-eyes and dry patches ! Those 80 grit sand scrathes that shrunk back into the bondo just disappeared in the magazines ! Just remember next time..........it helps to use primer before you paint. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: