Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need something better for aircleaner Weber Progressive
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Need something better for aircleaner Weber Progressive Reply with quote

I use my Thing 99% in the desert and have a Weber Progressive that I can't keep sealed worth a damned. I have the taller rectangular filter with the crap tin upper and lower mount that won't seal worth a darn. I have a pre-filter over the assembly too but even with 45 lbs of grease trying to seal the top and bottom I still get a regular mud-bog inside the filter. I machined an aluminum spacer to space the lower tin up away from the lumps on top of the carb so the lower tin would sit flat without that 1/4 inch fiber gasket that I can't find locally. I machined an upper and lower aluminum cover to replace the cheap chrome tin pcs but I couldn't get the bolts in there to screw it to the carb because of the clearance problem between the top of the assembly and the body sheetmetal above the carb area (still working on that one). I tried using the stock Weber aircleaner clips to hold it together but they won't open enough to allow for the extra thickness of the aluminum plates.
I saw an assembly online at RedLine that would let me mount a remote aircleaner but am not sure of accessability to get in in and clearance for the unit, anybody seen or better used one of these?

I just put in a new top end and am tired of sucking so much dirt.

Any ideas??

JohnF
Phoenix.
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason you can't go back to the stock oil bath? Sounds like you've done a bunch of work - $175 + shipping may start to sound cheap.

You can throw a ton of dirt into it and it just asks for more.

http://www.thethingshop.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=181129613B
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JohnF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ian Epperson"]Is there a reason you can't go back to the stock oil bath? Sounds like you've done a bunch of work - $175 + shipping may start to sound cheap.

You can throw a ton of dirt into it and it just asks for more.

I may use my stock airbox if that adaptor at RedLine will fit OK.

JohnF
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: