Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What size fuse for each slot?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr.ona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: What size fuse for each slot? Reply with quote

Hey all,
I found a diagram for the fuseblock and what each fuse serves. When you're looking a the fuse block, going left to right ( driver's side to passingers side ) what size fuse goes in the slots? I have 10 slots for my 1974 thing...
Thanks!
Robert
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the US models I believe they are all supposed to be 8 amp fuses (white if you are using ceramic) I've seen it where fuse number 9 be indicated to be a 16 amp (red) fuse before - that's the map light plus the cigarette lighter/accessory socket. Fuses are numbered left to right
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dr.ona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Also... The front and rear turn signals for my 74 thing are the same as what year beetle?

Robert
uberautowerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fronts... 1970 and up Beetle
Rears... 1973 and up Beetle
And White, except for slot 9
--- The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
- Douglas Adams -
---
'74 Thing (White)
'71 Single cab (White too)
'70 Weekender (White three)
'05 Evolution VIII (White also!!!)
'68 F-250 (White over black)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: