Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

carbs
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
wackert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: carbs Reply with quote

im buildin a 1915 for my car and am wantin to run duel carbs but i got a quwstion. first whats the diffrence between the webber brand duall 44's and the empi brand. two anyone had any luck if theyve ran the empi brand. just wonderin
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These ones?

- Scott

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
miscreantgnomie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id go with 40 over 44 I have a 1915 in my ghia nd 40s were perfect the guy builds engines said the 44 were to much .. i know he jetted em different etc but that all i can say Smile im no engine builder but he races vws so i trusted him. i wanted daily driver and didnt want a finicky runner

I read alot about the empis they are just chinese cheaper versions of the webers. i heard great and bad stories. i read some right up saying the empis in side by side test performed better was in one the magazines.

bad was quality control issues i know like 4 guys local clun have them.once they are set up they work great.

of the 4 guys 2 had different issues with how they were built when arrived bad float issue ( something about wouldnt seat something right) was a technical discussion went over my head Razz

these were sets of varying sizes though. i think they are decent though once they were on they worked great.

these are just things i witnessed with some the locals with them i never heard anything bad of the webers
Thingggg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tune down 44s on a type 1 that size easy--smaller venturies. Get them incase you ever want to go bigger--44s have adhustable venturies. In fact with a big cam and ported heads you will need 44s. I have friends that run 44s on smaller motors than yours and they work fine.

I have herd bad things about the Empies, infact about all the new IDFs.

These are the carbs I would buy today this guy sells awsome stuff even if you get his webers instead of dells. Dellortos tune eiser and last longer. He will also jet them for your VW.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-PORSCHE-DELLORTO...dZViewItem

Think about EFI. Microsquirt is going to sell soon for ~400 if you have the skills to fab or use CB intake parts.

https://www.protocar.net/catalog/product_info.php?...f4015cff76

It will also do EDSI ignition.so you can dumpt that clucky old distributor in the trash were it belongs.
http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

e
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: