Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dave Pipoly - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Gilbert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Dave Pipoly - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to give you all a head's up about a potential bad shopper out there. In this case nothing was lost; however, he has proven untrustworthy. I held an item indefinitely for him, without deposit, and here is our email history. I have cleaned up the swearing a bit...

Just a friendly FYI!

Very Happy

Dave,
That was certainly a delightful reply. It has granted me great insight into your persona.
Cheers,
Chris
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
F*ck you,
you little puckass bitch.. If you thought they were already sold.. Your dumb ass wouldn't of updated your f*cking ad 2 days ago..You would of posted the ad pending... You should get a paypal acct... You f*ckin inbread rookie..... Your right.. I'm not your f*ck'n bro.... I'm your f*cking daddy.....
Regards,
Chris
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry bro.. I got a set already.... I should of let ya know... I would of
got yours.. But it's a pain, to go get a M.O...

Thanks for your time...

Christopher Gilbert wrote:
Dave,
I never received funds and have been holding the posts for you. Did you still want them?
Chris
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cool..
I'll send it out tomorrow..

Thanks...
Thanks,
Chris
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - EARLY Semaphore Posts
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:43:35 -0400
A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=464530 and sent the following message:

Ad: EARLY Semaphore Posts - 70
Hello,
I'll take the semaphore posts.. Do you have paypal?? If not just let me know where too send the money... I'm in longbeach Ca..
Thanks Pip 562-8427-525
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you went dick first, he was just returning fire. Get Paypal. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matchap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkass, who are you the pot or the kettle?

"I'll send it out tomorrow." Bottom line, the deal was made and the buyer backed out. Buyer knew conditions of sale. Seller remained professional. Takes a big man to shoot profanity across the net. Typical of many in this hobby!
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had a feeling you would back out. By the way, I am not your "bro".

Yeah, thats real professional. What the seller needs to remember is...
Sales rule #1) BUYERS ARE LIARS...but without them, you got nothing. Treat them accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a bad any bad dealings with Pip, he's one of the most honest straight up guys in the VW world (at least with my dealings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
..., he's one of the most honest straight up guys in the VW world ...

Except when he says, "I'll send it out tomorrow."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keoki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
I've never had a bad any bad dealings with Pip (at least with my dealings)

^^^^^X2. Cool
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Pip Reply with quote

Ive had several dealings with Pip and he's a very straight up guy. Like most of us he's really busy and stuff. Paypal is really the only way to go. If someone is requesting a Money Order only I usually back out too. It would take me an easy half hour to 45 minutes to go get a money order...the drive to the post office or store, wait in line, etc a major pain in the rear. Paypal...the deal is done in two minutes max..money is in the other guys hands right away and hopefully the item ships faster as a result. By not taking paypal Im afraid that you may have this happen again... make it easy on folks and you will sell things faster. Yes it costs you something, but raise your price a hair to cover that cost. Conveniance is important in today's world. He obviously found another one of whatever it was from someone that made it easy. Very frustrating indeed but understandable.

That being said....looks like Pip popped off a bit there...kinda overkill.
Looks like you did provoke him a little with the "not your bro" comment...but still.. must have been a hard day in the LBC that day.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with Paypal or money orders.
It is about Pip giving his word that he was gonna send a MO, then not following through with his commitment. Then he didn't even have the courtesy to tell Chris he found another pair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: You are right Reply with quote

Yup...you are right. He said he was gonna do it and he didnt. And then he popped off all crazy at the hint of an insult.

Paypal ability would have most likely kept this from happening though, and Pip is a good guy based upon my business with him.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
F*ck you,
you little puckass bitch.. If you thought they were already sold.. Your dumb ass wouldn't of updated your f*cking ad 2 days ago..You would of posted the ad pending... You should get a paypal acct... You f*ckin inbread rookie..... Your right.. I'm not your f*ck'n bro.... I'm your f*cking daddy.....

This seems uncalled for given the other emails.

Some people are easily set off.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aka pip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Pipoly - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to give you all a head's up about a potential bad shopper out there. In this case nothing was lost; however, he has proven untrustworthy. I held an item indefinitely for him, without deposit, and here is our email history. I have cleaned up the swearing a bit...

Just a friendly FYI!

Very Happy

Dave,
That was certainly a delightful reply. It has granted me great insight into your persona.
Cheers,
Chris
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
F*ck you,
Regards,
Chris
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry bro.. I got a set already.... I should of let ya know... I would of
got yours.. But it's a pain, to go get a M.O...

Thanks for your time...

Dave,
I never received funds and have been holding the posts for you. Did you still want them?
Chris
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cool..
I'll send it out tomorrow..

Thanks...
Thanks,
Chris
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - EARLY Semaphore Posts
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:43:35 -0400
A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=464530 and sent the following message:

Ad: EARLY Semaphore Posts - 70
Hello,
I'll take the semaphore posts.. Do you have paypal?? If not just let me know where too send the money... I'm in longbeach Ca..
Thanks Pip 562-8427-525

Get over it... I said I was sorry....I forget to let ya know, I bought another set.... Steal your mom's creditcard.. Open a paypal acct... I'll be the first to send ya money.. $70 buck... and you can Keep the post......
Now, With that said.... Let me get back, To fuck'n your sister..
theovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: ok my turn..theovalguy speaking his opinion Reply with quote

well i just sold Dave a real early split decklid a week ago that you guys were all talking about on the forums.
This guy seems straight up to me 100 percent.
I told him a large amount of cash and I needed a 200 dollar deposit immediatly to hold it. Paypal accepted! within seconds it was there, then except for the holiday the money was there in 5 days. 1 holiday day and one sunday this means he did exactly as said he would when he said he would.
Aka pispster dave pipoly is a 100 percent straight up buyer!! in my dealings and if he wants to be trusted in my bookes he has a 1500 dollar credit whenever he wants it.
Meaning for you people who do not maybe think he is a good guy ask for it dave i will send it for free, you dont like it or want it send it back..no issues with me..just shipping charges.. easy enough..
later
John Deitchman
aka theovalguy
3 splits a oval ragtop 68 vert 65 ghia 66 ez camper over 65 more busses sold blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I hate people that do that I think its so retarded (list what they own.).. just do it to see if anyone really reads that crap or cares.. haha
shot caller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Pipster aka Dave Reply with quote

All this over 80 bucks?? I happen to own a pip ride, and bought it from over 3000 miles away NOT ONCE did I question his integrity. He spent ALOT of time making it happen for me. If I need anything I call PIP first. If 80 bucks is all it takes for you to shut the fuck up Then I will pay it!!
If not just move on and quit being a dick.
Kaefer-Nostalgie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Pip Reply with quote

I have done business several times with Dave, there isnt a better guy to deal with! Fast communication, prompt payment.

And yes, he paid with PayPal.

I have noticed several people who donīt like using PayPal at all. I cant see the reason. Being a business, they charge us a small 2.2% fee and make all transactions run sooo smooth. If I was starting a new business, getting a PayPal account would be the first thing for me to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dave Pipoly - [email protected] Reply with quote

[quote="Christopher Gilbert"]Just wanted to give you all a head's up about a potential bad shopper out there. In this case nothing was lost; however, he has proven untrustworthy. I held an item indefinitely for him, without deposit, and here is our email history. I have cleaned up the swearing a bit...

Just a friendly FYI!

Look dude... Pip has more cars than some people have teeth, if he did'nt buy your parts he must have found some an easier way. Just because he said he was going to send the check dosen't mean shit. This happens everyday in the used car market, its called shopping for the quick deal. Quit crying in your corn flakes and sell them to someone who's willing to waist a half day for your lack of the pay pal.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Pipoly - [email protected] Reply with quote

Blinker wrote:
. Just because he said he was going to send the check dosen't mean shit. .

That's good to know. The next time you reply to an ad I have, I'll just delete it and move on to the next guy.
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pip bought a 3 fold clip off of me last year? He was straight up. Sent me a prepaid fedex # so I wouldn't be hassled. He may be goofy looking but he's very honest.

Just because a person makes a mistake doesn't make them dishonest...Has anyone ever forgot to pick up milk on there way home from work? Or forget a GF birthday. Wink
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: I have sold many split parts to pip Reply with quote

I have sold many split parts to pip and he has always sent me the money in a timely manor. He is buying some split fender beading from me on Monday I'm sure all will go great as it always does from him.

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gobo57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is a stand up guy in my book for sure. If I were to cry everytime someone forgot something or petered out on a deal we would have many more pages.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: