Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quality VW shops in Georgia...
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
181 Gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Samba.com and I love it! Kudos to Everett for providing an amazing site for all air-cooled fanatics.

Where would I start to look for listings of quality, custom and performance oriented VW shops in Georgia? I want a one stop professional place for more than just tune-ups. These type shops seem to be few and far between over here.

My 73 Thing has been with me 13 years (first car) and I'd like to keep the mods coming. Unfortuately, I'm not the best with a wrench for the major stuff such as suspension lift (adjustments), roll cage fabrication or engine upgrades.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing about it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

Try Herrells in Carrolton, GA. They have an ad in VW Trends. I can't find the number, but will email you when I do.
181 Gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip [email protected]!

You know, I've been reading these publications since I was 9 (Hot VW's mostly) and I didn't even think to look for ads from GA. Good grief.

I appreciate the help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

they also have a banner ad here on the samba. click and go!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

Here is their website:
http://www.herrellbugparts.com/
181 Gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Quality VW shops in Georgia... Reply with quote

I immediately went searcing this morning! Thanks for the thorough quickness guys. It looks like Herrell's is about 3 hours away.

I'll have to take a nice drive over to visit.

Thanks again!
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herrells website is down-are they still up and running-Id like to call them if anyone has the number. Thanks

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
Video Bob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Around Restos is located near Gainesville Ga. They do everything from tuneups to complete restorations. They also carry some common replacement parts. I don't have their address or phone but can get it later if you are interested. The Sept meet in Toccoa was cancelled and a substitute meeting will be held at All Around Restos during the same time period. Plan on coming. I will provide more info if anyone is interested.
1974 Thing
1974 Super Beetle
1976 Westy P22
Video Bob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some additional information on repair shops in North Georgia and the replacement SEVW Bug Show in North Georgia Sept 8 & 9
http://www.sevwc.com/allaroundresto.htm
1974 Thing
1974 Super Beetle
1976 Westy P22
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: