Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fridolin
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchellboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Fridolin Reply with quote

what is this fridolin worth. i dont now much about them just curious.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=498004
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so few Fridolins sold in the US, it is difficult to place a value -- especially one in that condition.

It has a lot of Fridolin-only parts making it worth a lot to the right buyer (or a seller who is in no particular hurry). It also needs a lot so it would test the most energetic restorer or customizer.

If you are looking to buy it, why not open the conversation with a low-ball offer without being insulting? You must have an idea of what your budget can handle and how buying this would fit it.

If you are the seller, it really depends on how quickly you want (or worse, need) to sell it. I would recommend putting it on eBay if you are interested in a quick sale.
blue71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: MI Fridolin Reply with quote

In early September of this year a white Fridolin shell without a chassis but with all the glass and a partial interior was on craigslist in Michigan for $1900, it has since either been sold or the ad deleted.

A.K.A.: "Doc", "Subwoofer Nick", "the LEAKOIL parts whore", "Amish canvas connection"
waynewatson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MI Fridolin Reply with quote

blue71 wrote:
In early September of this year a white Fridolin shell without a chassis but with all the glass and a partial interior was on craigslist in Michigan for $1900, it has since either been sold or the ad deleted.

That was an electric ar made by EFP. There is a complete one in Toledo if your interested. They use Renult running gear.
blue71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, the pictures looked really similar to me. I currently don't have any room in my garage/barn for anything else. I have a bus and two bugs, trying to get rid of the older bug for room for a regular car.

A.K.A.: "Doc", "Subwoofer Nick", "the LEAKOIL parts whore", "Amish canvas connection"
JamieC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I recenlty picked up a german panel fridolin in the sunny UK, it was £300 about $150 BUT, it does need a lot of work! i have got new panels for all round only 1" is bad on the doors all round, engine turns but needs attention and new floors are going in, but it came with everything, glass seats, steering wheel etc, i have a budget which i will stick to just to get it on the road then have a rolling project as it will only come out for shows.

I have put some piccies up on here under another fridolin heading so have a look, i dont know what sort of value it would be worth over here as i only know aof about 3 in the country.

Jamie Very Happy
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your currency conversion is not correct.
The GBP is worth near twice what the dollar is worth, not half.
Here is this morning's valuation.....but don't hold your breath.....the Euro has increased considerably in value against the dollar in the last few days.
The value of the dollar in world markets versus other major currencies has been falling for quite some time.
As an example the Canadian dollar used to be valued at between 60-70% of the US dollar. Now the Canadian dollar exceeds the USD in value.
1 CAD = 1.02197 USD
1 USD = 0.978498 CAD

1 GBP = 1.99981 USD
1 USD = 0.500048 GBP

300.00 GBP = 599.942 USD

Reference: http://www.xe.com/

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs"

* Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: