Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

It stopped lurking in my garage today
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, which Yok's are you looking for? I'm after a pair of Yok Y742S' myself. Hard to find indeed. Maybe better pricing with both of us?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
suntour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, Sorry but those are not the tires I am after. They don’t make them for a 17” wheel. To bad, those tires would have been perfect. Aggressive tread and relatively narrow so I wouldn’t have as many clearance problems.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just found out that the single tire I bought for fit was discontinued. I guess I can still use it for a spare… It was a Yokohama AVS S/T 275/60R 17. I can still get four from the TireRack.com but if I destroy one I am screwed for a replacement. I have a tendency to obliterate tires.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is the only 700-15 that I have found that is a radial. I have 700s on the front of my Thing now, but they are bias ply 700's. Sometimes the squirrely-ness on the road is annoying, so I'm thinking of swapping out to radials on all 4 corners and see if it helps. I don't know what is at play with mixing bias & radial tires, but I've heard it many times over not to do it if you want the car to handle correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: