Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help with tire size. Ghia with drop spindles only.
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratrodguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Help with tire size. Ghia with drop spindles only. Reply with quote

Yes I did the search but everybody seems to run a narrowed beam (because they are running aftermarket wheel)..... I only plan to run dropped spindles with stock wheels all around, it is a 73 coupe so it is IRS. The tire size on the car right now is a set of dry rotted 185-15's and in my opinion they are just to big. My question is what size tire should I run on the front to avoid rubbing. I know there are a lot of variables and each manufacturer is a little different even though they may actually say the same tire size on them. I want a name brand and size from people that are only running or have run this combo, not someone who "thinks" a particular tire will fit. My spindles will be here Thursday so that means Ill be buying tires this weekend. I noticed that in the door jam sticker the factory size is 155-15. I was figuring since the car has 185-15s on it now then maybe I could run 175 on the rear and 165's on the front. What do you thinnk. If it makes any difference it is a disc brake dropped spindle. Another thing I know tire sizes are usually 3 numbers like 165-55-15 but the tires on the car right now only say 185-15, thats why I wrote it like that....just so you know. Any help would be great.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: