Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How tall of a tire for this combo in the quarter?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeGiul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: How tall of a tire for this combo in the quarter? Reply with quote

Hi all,

What is the best size tire to run the quarter in with this combo:

68 bug, about 2000lbs with me in it
Tranny: 3:88 R&P, stock 1st, 2nd, 1.44 3rd, 1.04 4th, welded in mid mount and engine hangar traction bar

dyno chart:

www.drdracingheads.com/images/1914.JPG

Specs:
69X94mm 9.00 compression
Engle 130 cam, 1.1 rocker
42X37.5 ported heads
Dual 51.5 webers, 40mm vent
1 5/8 header
These numbers were with the belt and muffler on, air fuel ratio WOT 12.7.

Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Willis
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why 51.5mm IDA's on a small engine with 42mm intakes?
Anyway,is this going to see any street time? if it is,run a 205 65. If not,run a 205 60 Wink
die schwarzen Schafe #666
JoeGiul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tire size help, I will run this car on the street a little but just for fun, I'd be willing to sacrifice some street drivability if the tire size will improve the time.

It is way over carbed...but those are the only set of carbs I have and I don't want to get rid of them or have them lay around the garage and collect dust. Instead of buying another set of carbs I'm saving my money and slowly collecting the parts for my dream motor...so far I have the push rod tubes and a gasket set Rolling Eyes

I also need to buy a good set of wheels and tires, I think I'm going with centerlines
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have strong tranny, you could try a set of M&H Cheater Slicks.

But they are 26" tall and with a 3.875 r/p and a stock 1st, you might not have enough torque to take advantage of them.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JoeGiul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

I like the RPM and speed numbers that are generated when I plug my gear ratios and the 205-60 tire size into the tranny calculator you posted a while ago

that tire is 24.6 inches tall

Does anyone make a slick that is the same height? Would this car/motor combo benefit from a slick?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: