Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ISP Centercaps
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
aageraci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: ISP Centercaps Reply with quote

I bought lugs and center caps for my Pedrinis from ISP and they look great!

Now for my question. How do I keep the centercaps in there? Laughing

On one of my wheels the center hole is too large and it slips in and out. I put electrical tape along the end of the cap and banged it in there, but is there a better way?

Also the other three work there way out after driving it for awhile, is there something I should do to make sure they don't fall out, or is it just a maintenance item to be careful of and tap them back in after every long trip?

My left rear is extremely hard to get it, that is why I'm surprised it can wiggle out. The other two fit in nice with just a little tap of the mallet.

Not the best pics, but here is my car from the last show.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

glandnut
40 horses of Fury

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill and tap a hole and install a small grub/set screw in the side of the cap.
Kelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has c/caps that fit the older Fuchs, Mahle's, and Pedrini's well. Make sure you know the size of your c/caps mounting holes first, then ask him if he has that size.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtheandante

You might also check the centercap mount hole on each wheel for roundness or to see if they all match in I.D. (inner diameter). If they match, then check the diameter of the mounting points on the c/caps to see if they all match up. I'll bet there's a difference in your caps or wheels.
I hate people. Are you people? I hate you.

Just trying to remember classic Samba quotes from the 'Days of Yore'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aageraci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I will do the tap and grub screw method, as I already laid out the money for the ones I have and they are nice, and they are correct size.

I probably just got a little heavy handed on the sander on the bore hole on one.

Looks like ISP sells them now pre-drilled & tapped.
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the caps we make for the original Porsche 4 lugs wheels are designed to be a tight pressed fit, similar to the original tin ones... ( the only cap we make that's a pressed fit )

however, the press tight fit is unforgiving...

to the best of my knowledge these Porsche wheels were manufactured under high tolerances, usually forged, and 99% of them have the same sized center bore hole from wheel to wheel regardless if its a disc or drum wheel... 4 lug fuch, mahale, or perdrini...

if your 1 wheel out of 4 has a oversized hole, I am unsure why, it must have had something done to it during its life (repair?) but if you like to send us back the caps, we can drill & tap 3 set screws to them, this should solve the problem...

we do get 1 or 2 customers per year, where the hole in their wheels are too small, then we will cut more material off the base of the cap in a lathe, in your case is not the problem...

let me know how I can help

Anthony / ISP WEST

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aageraci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony,

I appreciate it. I am 100% satisfied with the product. I'm sure it has to do more with the wheel than the cap. One is super loose, and one is super tight, other two are perfect. I might sand the tight one, and use the grub screw on that one as well.

I have never tapped something (well, that kind of tapping) before, so I might take you up on your offer.

Lugs worked out great.

I also took your suggestion on the 185/60/15 and it works and looks perfect.

Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: