Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Herbie Wide wide 5 wheels ?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Herbie Wide wide 5 wheels ? Reply with quote

I was wondering if any knew or had an ideal of what size wheels were used on this Herbie? diameter, width, offset?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fab4Fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pic you posted isnt working.

but this might help you:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207226&highlight=
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Herbie Wheels Reply with quote

Thanks, looks like info I was looking for reference. Fixed my link for reference

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AXAM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/lovebugfans/index1.htm

check this site out. it may be able to answer all your questions
there are several people that you can email regarding herbies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Herbie wheels Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. The sire definitely has Herbie info. I like the smoothie deep dish look . Now trying to locate a wheel co closer than CA. I am in TX.
Raul_MX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I am in TX too (well, close to TX anyway) and I was looking for a 15X6 set myself. There is other resources as sending the wheels to Boltons in California and they will return the set to you widened and powdercoated. This is the best options for guys @ USA but for me that earn in pesos, seems a tad high.

So im in the lookout for a good used set. i can paint it and prime it, so rust is no problem.

I just learned that Jbugs sells a set of 15x7... i was looking if this would fit under stock fenders.

regards.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Herbie Wide 5 Reply with quote

Boltons and Stocktons are definitely sources. I believe there is a company called Diamonds and found another in PA that I am waiting to see if they do wide 5 widening.

see plenty of pairs that are 8 & 10 wides.

7 would depend on backspacing and tire size.

Thanks
Tim10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check with your oldschool shops..

in the 70s and 80s there were countless shops that you could send in 8 rims and get 4 widened back to your specs.

I've stumbled across at least 30 of these in the last few years.

OR cheat and throw a bus rim backwareds.
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Herbie Wheels Reply with quote

63ziggy wrote:
Thanks, looks like info I was looking for reference. Fixed my link for reference

Just to clarify. These wheels on this Herbie are 14x6. Disney used the smaller rim so they could fit the taller profile Goodyear GT Radial tires in in Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo and Herbie Goes Bananas.

Love Bug and Fully Loaded Herbies used 15x6s.

2010 New Beetle Final Edition
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Visit Herbie the Love Bug at LoveBugFans.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: