Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

6" wheel with 135?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: 6" wheel with 135? Reply with quote

I know everyone runs a 135 on 5.5 aftermarket wheels... All day long.

Would you think a 135 would fit on a 6" wheel? Definately going with tubes too.... Just curious.

I Know it will stretch it some, but I wonder how much. Embarassed
BrockGrimes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at my 135's on my 8 spoke i'd say probably not.
I'd be afraid to take a corner fast as it might pull off the bead on a 6".
But I'm sure others will chime in to argue for it, LOL.
vweddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sam, I had some old AEW Fuchs that were 15 x 6 & it was running 135's. It does stretch them, but with the tubes you should be fine...depending on your driving style.
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure people have ran 135's on 6" fuchs too.... but Im not sure.

Hey Eddie!
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam,
it's been done plenty of times. tubes are recommended but i've seen it done without them to. it will stretch them pretty good and if you have a picky tire guy he may not mount them. is this for the M/Ts on the notch? why not go with one of the current available lopros instead. you should have enough room under that fender. the 185/55/15 on my square are smaller overall diameter than a 135. the marathons with 145s rubbed a good bit. haven't had rub one with the 185/55/15. and best of all they are CHEAPER than 135s...ken....
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck 135's on anything wider then 4.5

there are plenty of tires the same diameter, but wider.
Maimas13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah just go with a low profile 185, unless you already have the 135s in which case it never hurts to try and mount the tire, but if looks like it wont hold dont put it on ur car

(.o\ ! /o.) 62 chopped, dropped, cal looked, oval grafted, 57 styled, ragtop with polk audio sound system, driven daily by an 18 year old

A must read for understanding tires sizes and wheel offsets
Go Bears!!! Mech E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tall tire is what a want, I DONT want a fat/wide tire, not up front atleast. Ive been looking at those tires you are running Ken, and while I think they look pretty good, it also looks like you'd have to be ON the ground to tuck rim... I wont be happy unless it does.

Ive got the room, but with my 6" beam, it would be all up in the inner fender with a 185 too... but Ive definately thought about it.

I may get longer studs pressed into my rotors and use a small spacer for some room, depending on if the offset of those M/T's kills me or not.
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowlow wrote:
A tall tire is what a want, I DONT want a fat/wide tire, not up front atleast. Ive been looking at those tires you are running Ken, and while I think they look pretty good, it also looks like you'd have to be ON the ground to tuck rim... I wont be happy unless it does.

Ive got the room, but with my 6" beam, it would be all up in the inner fender with a 185 too... but Ive definately thought about it.

I may get longer studs pressed into my rotors and use a small spacer for some room, depending on if the offset of those M/T's kills me or not.

theres alot of options that'll get you close to the same overall height of a 135. it depends on how much trouble you are will to go throught o look for tires. the tires i'm running and 135s have a side wall difference of .23" less than a quarter so yeah you will have a quarter inch or less "tuck" than with 135s but thats fairly easy to solve. 1/4" more or less is not that big of an impact and most people would never notice the difference.

175/65/15 goes just the oposite way and is 23.95" overall with a 4.47" sidewall. so technically you could "tuck" .24" MORE rim than with a 135.

want an in between the 185/55/15 i'm running and the 175/65/15. warren is running 185/60/15 on his square at 4 notches not narrowed with little to no problems. they are 23.74" overall with a 4.37" sidewall which again is just a touch bigger than a 135.

theres some other various shit in between. these are just a coupla good ones to think about from the list i have. i have heard that there was a 165/65/15 but i haven't found them yet. i think if you find a tire that lets you go as low as we all know you want to but still puts a good contact patch on the ground you'll never want 125,135s or the like on anything again. it makes a big difference. we used the skinny tires back in the day because these new tires that can get you to the same place were not around. really the best way to see is to pick one of the other sizes and try them. if they don't work sell them and move on...ken....
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately hear you man, and I know that a wider tire will drive alot better.....

Ive still got a little while to worry about it... so we will see!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: