Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AiRKooLeD KusToMs (Outstanding Service)
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locknar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: AiRKooLeD KusToMs (Outstanding Service) Reply with quote

Great North Alabama Custom Shop

I found Airkooled Kustoms here at the Samba soon after I bought my Type3. Since that time they have performed some 'major' work to my Vw in almost every catagory. I can say without a doubt that AirKooled Kustoms is the most honest and professional shop I have ever dealt with.

Eric and the guys have gone to great lengths to make sure that my car is exactly what I wanted and what it should be. His attention to detail, quality and safety will have me returning to his shop whenever i need sevice again.

My Fav vw shop: www.airkooledkustoms.com

1973-T3-SQB
1971-1302
Trikerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Great shop and people Reply with quote

I must compliment Eric and crew ( Lewis and Gene) for the excellent work, service and assistance I have received. They have gone beyond being a normal restoration shop.

I own a trike and they have assisted and performed maintenance on it. I recommend AirKooledKustoms to anyone looking for an honest, economically minded business.

Keep up the GREAT work. Very Happy

Tom
HopperGrass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to weigh in on Spook and Airkooled Kustoms. I just got back from picking up several parts and couldn't be happier.

I can't recommend highly enough.

-Nathan
Nor_AL_67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spook built me a great type1 beam, exactly how I wanted. I have seen his restoration work and it is top-notch.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
iVolkswagen
The Modern-Day Hippie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Spook and his crew did excellent work on my 1963 Beetle!!! Reply with quote

Discovered AirKooled Kustoms at Bug'n July last year (they host the engine blow, awesome stuff). Checked out some of their work at that show and was very impressed.

I contacted them about work in Oct 08 and in less than a month, my car was in their shop.

Work on the car was relatively quick, and the craftsmanship is outstanding. They assure that everything is as it should be and refuse to put worn parts back on a car. They also provided a free check-up about 2 weeks later to make sure everything was going good. (They even replaced my steering box free of charge because the one that was put on it was a little loose, which surprised me greatly.)

Overall, I was very impressed with AirKooled Kustoms work and the way they treat their customers. You'll feel more than welcome at AirKooled.

Price was very nice for a local VW shop, but ended up more than planned
(only because AirKooled discovered parts that really needed replacement ((Drums, seals, etc)) and as I said, Spook and his crew does not encourage putting old parts back on a car, so I was fine paying for what had to be fixed.)

I HIGHLY recommend AirKooled Kustoms to ANYBODY in the southeast.

In fact, we are planning on sending another Beetle to them for pan restoration and an air-ride suspension job! Cool

Some Before and Afters.

BEFORE

AFTER------------------

www.airkooledkustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had a mishap with my fastback and needed a type 3 beam. I called Spook at Airkooled Kustoms and he had exactly what I needed and pulled it for me. He was very accommodating with me as to when I could pick it up since I was driving from far away. He even took the time to explain to me how to install the beam. I ended up only replacing my broken torsion arm/rod and needed some help along the way since I had never done any beam work before. Spook and Roger were both very helpful with the many phone calls/questions I had during the swap.

I have seen the restoration and custom work he has done and it is top notch! I'm picky about paint jobs and theirs are immaculate. He was even telling me how and what to paint my beam with while I had it out (just don't tell him I didn't do it!)

My only complaint about Airkooled Kustoms is that they are 2 hours away... but I guess nobody is perfect and it could be a whole lot worse Laughing

I would highly recommend Airkooled Kustoms to anyone, even if you are not in the southeast, they are worth the drive!

Thanks again Spook & Roger for all your help!
SuperBeetleJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: '77 SuperBeetle Convertible Suspension Reply with quote

I've only been a VW owner for about 13 months. I bought what I thought was a fully restored 77 SuperBeetle Convertible. Paid waaaay too much for it, and it has continued to fall apart ever since I got it home. I was frustrated and looking at selling it for a fraction of the price I paid. I can't tell you how much Spook and Roger at Airkooled helped change my mind.

Spook has helped me with so many projects on my car, and the most recent was a total front and back suspension rebuild and lowering the car 5 inches. For the first time since I bought it, I'm actually happy that I did. It's like driving a brand new car. My wife says that it makes her happy to see me smile like that.

Those guys are total pros and love what they do. I'll be going back for the next step of the restoration.

Thanks Spook and Roger. You've worked a miracle. Very Happy
albino rino
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: airkooled custom Reply with quote

They are great and honest people after an eror they fixed it and hooked me up fast
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: