Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wheel Spacer Question (pictures inside!)
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soupbowl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Wheel Spacer Question (pictures inside!) Reply with quote

I put on a CIP1 front disk set and I also bought new BRM rims and tires!
15/4.5 front and 15/5.5 front. The front rims would bolt on but only spin 2 inches and then hit the caliper. So i went and got some spacers, the problem is the only 4 lug spacers they had were for chevy sprints... But lordco forgot to mention that.

The spacers were about half an inch to small so, instead of being good and putting the rims away and trying to find a better spacer. I just ground them down to fit. I figured the little I took off was just to make it easier to put them on Razz. But knowing better i doubt it, so I would like some opinions if what i did in these pictures is dangerous. On a Side note, my lug nuts are about 1/2 inch longer then stock, so the amount of threads in the disk should not be an issue.

Here is the grinded one next to the non grinded one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the grinded one on the disk. It was lined up perfect when i put the rim on.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i considered doing the same thing as i need a 3/8 spacer to run 195/65/15 out back on the Mahles on my square. like you i bought a set at flaps but they be to small. i opted to say screw it and order the billet spacer from Cb today for $16 each. sucks since two local that didn't fit were $23 2 from CB that will were $46 shipped. CB sells Gorilla spacers that supposedly fit 4on130 but when i called Gorilla they said they don't and couldn't give me a part #.

in your case though i'd have to ask can you clearance the caliper to any to get them to fit right? i've used washers to determine how much needed to be taken off or how much spacer you need. most calipers can be clearanced a small bit with no probelms and get the room you need...ken....
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd run them. I don't see where the spacer has any serious strain on it? Clamped between the wheel/hub seems pretty secure to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dderbyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: BRM's rubbing on front calipers Reply with quote

Wish I found this post before mounting my front yesterday (Sunday). Backs fit nice with 205's. Front I converted to disk and found while that it scrapes the calipers. Let's just say that was after I sat at the tire shop for 1hr and watched to kid out back change 4 tires and take 1hr to due it while the other went to get pizza for lunch at 3pm. Well anyways, the tire place (Expert Tire) which now closes in 35min can't find any washers to temp. fix the problem so I can drive 5min home. I ended up put Porsche Rivieras on the front to get it home. It's nice having a neighbor who like German cars more than I do. He always comes in handy. He also loaned me the lug nuts that are taking 2 weeks to get here from Cali which UPS didn't mention until after the order was placed. (hole nuther story). So I as I stated I wish I found this post prior to getting the BRM's and being so overly excited to get them on on a Sunday no less
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: