Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1959 Bug wtih Suicide Doors Build up Thread
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: 1959 Bug wtih Suicide Doors Build up Thread Reply with quote

Hello Samba members and guests

I am new to the Bug world, I bought mine on July 19, 2008, and I am hooked. I sold my 91 Burban "gas guzzling mudding truck" so I could buy her, sold burban for $3k and paid $3k for the bug, I am very happy with it too, you know how hard it is to sell an 8 MPG suburban at a time like this haha that was half of what I wanted to sell it at.

I'm starting this thread to post some pics of my attempt to restore her. I live in Mableton, GA and if anyone knows of any clubs around this area I could check out PM me. Now on to some pics.

Here she is parked next to the 05 Jetta GLI
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The burban all cleaned up ready to sell

My new bug the day I bought her

I bought it with no deck so I put the one I took out of my burban in her. I cut holes in the door panels and fitted my pioneer kevlar 6X8s, and in the back I but a small 500w amp and 12in woofer for some clean sounding tunes on my way to work and back.

You can kinda see the yellow speaker in the passenger door, it matches Very Happy and i just had these lying around from my expidetion, I guess I new I was going to buy a yellow bug in the future. The black paint on the door jam is from some rust busting I did yesterday also.

Heres a shot of the optima I installed yesterday evening, I ended up pulling the carpet back stripped the pan down to bare metal under the batt area and painted it primer black, looks better, the pan is not original but still in good condition.

I will be installing some bearclaw latches and poppers in the near future so stay tuned Smile

Last edited by 59suicide on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them doors look pretty cool. What about the engine? Can you post some pics of that?

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that battery laying on its side? Is that good for it?
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2002sportside
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:

Appears to be. Won't affect an Optima, they are designed to be mounted in almost any position.
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2002sportside wrote:
my65vert wrote:

Appears to be. Won't affect an Optima, they are designed to be mounted in almost any position.

I know women like that.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool old school car. keep us posted on the progress.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2002sportside wrote:
my65vert wrote:

Yes, its a gel cell and you can mount HER in any position and she will like it. hahaha.

Got a request for some engine pics, here you go frogman< He's real Laughing its an 1835 with proflo heads and a pretty good cam, not really sure what else, all i know is that it will lift the front off the ground if traction persists. i bought it from a guy who bought it from another guy who used to race it, and most of the engine facts were lost. I will be rebuilding this engine in a few months or so, then i will have a better stat sheet.

I haven't done anything to the engine area yet so its a little dirty, notice the tennis balls in the heating ducts... If you didn't now it ads like 90hp Shhh

Under shot, see the new pan on the pass side.

OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

59suicide wrote:
all i know is that it will lift the front off the ground if traction persists.

With that dinky header, dinky carburetor, and dinky displacement?

LIAR.

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
Panhandle_dubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

LIAR.

gottem!

its that yellow paint on the intake
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussiebug70 wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

LIAR.

gottem!

Why would someone come onto this website and try to bullshit people about VWs? Laughing

of all the places...

Panhandle_dubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoachGhia wrote:
aussiebug70 wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

LIAR.

gottem!

Why would someone come onto this website and try to bullshit people about VWs? Laughing

of all the places...

its anarchy
59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussiebug70 wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
aussiebug70 wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

LIAR.

gottem!

of all the places...

its anarchy

why would I lie? I have no reason to impress a bunch of people I don't know... when i say lifts the front off the ground its nothing amazing like your thinking but i was told it does, I can only get her to burn out and I am not a FUCKING liar. Ok I am lying, I do lie when the time is right.. a little, but not about this shit, don't bash the messenger. The old retired guy I bought it from told me, and his son was right there to agree with him, they were all excited about it, they said it only lifts the tires like an inch off the ground. They didn't really now much about the engine and I think his son was guessing when he told me 1835. the man told me he bought it from a guy who used to drag race with it, hence the reason I am gonna rebuild this engine, I am sure it needs it. They are pretty nice folks and I believed them maybe I got lied to, oh well this bug is awesome either way, and I am stuck.

Yes is yellow paint on the intakes, came like this. This car is not staying yellow it will be painted as soon as i get done with all the body work, minus the intakes im keeping them yellow Laughing

Last edited by 59suicide on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Bug wtih Suicide Doors Build up Thread Reply with quote

59suicide wrote:

I am new to the Bug world, I bought mine on July 19, 2008, and I am hooked. I sold my 91 Burban "gas guzzling mudding truck" so I could buy her, sold burban for $3k and paid $3k for the bug, I am very happy with it too, you know how hard it is to sell an 8 MPG suburban at a time like this haha that was half of what I wanted to sell it at.

I'm starting this thread to post some pics of my attempt to restore her. I live in Mableton, GA and if anyone knows of any clubs around this area I could check out PM me. Now on to some pics.

this site lists most of them, I saw that bug on craigslist, you got a good deal

http://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/index.htm

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 Bug wtih Suicide Doors Build up Thread Reply with quote

jmsmilin wrote:
59suicide wrote:

this site lists most of them, I saw that bug on craigslist, you got a good deal

http://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/index.htm

Thank you.. I found that site yesterday and went to the bug meeting with the Aircooled Addicts, didn't turn out to well because of weather but the few guys that were there were pretty cool and we talked about the meet on the 16th thats supposed to end up at stone mountain to watch there lazer show, sounds like its going to be a good one.

Here are the rides that showed up

The brains of the club

All very nice rides, they gave me some ideas. I will defiantly be meeting with them again and hope the weather is nice the next time around.

Last edited by 59suicide on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
estofer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking 59!! Welcome to the community! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

59suicide wrote:
Ok im lying, I do lie a little, but not about this shit, don't bash the messenger. They old retired guy I bought it from told me, and his son was right there to agree with him and they were all excited about it, they said it only lifts the tires like an inch off the ground.

Then they lied to you, and you just repeated it.

Don't get all mad, I'm just being honest with you. Everybody swears that their first VW with a stinger will do a wheelie. If you still swear that it will, simply post a video of it and i will eat my shoe.

59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:
Ok im lying, I do lie a little, but not about this shit, don't bash the messenger. They old retired guy I bought it from told me, and his son was right there to agree with him and they were all excited about it, they said it only lifts the tires like an inch off the ground.

Don't get all mad, I'm just being honest with you. Everybody swears that their first VW with a stinger will do a wheelie. If you still swear that it will, simply post a video of it and i will eat my shoe.

Oh I wasn't mad, I'm still trying to get her to do a wheelie myself only burnouts, maybe I need some 1million octane race gas Laughing, I like honesty how would I now anything if no-one ever criticized me, I would just look like a dumb ass ALL the time instead of MOST of the time Laughing

I will hold you to the shoe sandwich if i get that fucker to do a wheelie i want a vid of you eating your shoe... hahaha
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

59suicide wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

Oh I wasn't mad, I'm still trying to get her to do a wheelie myself only burnouts, maybe I need some 1million octane race gas Laughing, I like honesty how would I now anything if no-one ever criticized me, I would just look like a dumb ass ALL the time instead of MOST of the time Laughing

I will hold you to the shoe sandwich if i get that fucker to do a wheelie i want a vid of you eating your shoe... hahaha

DEAL! Laughing

59suicide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:
RoachGhia wrote:
59suicide wrote:

DEAL! Laughing

Pray ... hahahaha
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it in reverse and go as fast as you can, then jam it in first and see if the wheels come off the gound.

or

pull up to a large speed bump bring the rpm's up and dump the clutch, they might come off the ground then as it crests the speed bump.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: