Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

what is stock????
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETPEak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: what is stock???? Reply with quote

what are the correct sizes and offsets for the varrious VW models?

type 3?
bus?
bug?
ghia?
thing?

I have a bunch of wheels and a bunch of cars, I want to play god and mix and match but want to know what they all are? 14's on bus and 14's on thing.... difference? 15 on bus 15 on type3 (early slotted) whats the difference? have even heard the ghia and bug are different? any help

searched the threads but not sure what I should be searching tried many opptions and combinations so please know I have read a lot of these pages on my search for the answers... so here I am reaching out to my fellow dubbers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghia had a slightly larger (numerically higher) offset than a normal bug. The Ghia always had 15x4.5 wheels, the bug usually had 15x4.5 wheels, except sport bugs, which had 15x5.5 wheels.

That's the extent of my knowledge. Sorry I can't help more.
ETPEak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to put 14 inch wheels on my bug... stock caps wide 5.... bus rims are out all I did was try and NO... was told thing rims would work but as pricey as they get I would just like to find the numbers and see if they will work mathmaticly....

thanks so far
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: