Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mrgil
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2009
acravens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Performance lab - mrgil - [email protected] Reply with quote

First of all, I don't want to hear any "opinions". I want facts. Have you or anyone you know done business with Performance lab? If so, how did it go? I've been trying to check out this company and there's no feedback, no info with the BBB, and they don't seem to be in the phone book. Thanks.

His ads:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=mrgil
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone done business with Performance lab? Reply with quote

acravens wrote:
First of all, I don't want to hear any "opinions". I want facts. Have you or anyone you know done business with Performance lab? If so, how did it go? I've been trying to check out this company and there's no feedback, no info with the BBB, and they don't seem to be in the phone book. Thanks.

The owners name is Vic and he is a very maticulous person when he is building his motors, one could say that he gets a little anal about making sure it is done right. I have dealt with him before and he actually built a motor for one of my customers that buys parts from me and wanted a motor. I asked Vic if he would hook me up with a High Performance motor for my customer and he did. I would have done the motor myself but he would have to pay for the shipping. So anytime I have a motor order in California I will have Vic build it. He and one of my good friends share shop space and I have kicked it with my friend and watched Vic build on a motor. Although he didn't really know I was watching him I was just checking out how he did things, looked good from where I was standing. I only met him about 2 months ago...Hope this helps you in whatever you are trying to find out.. Kona 208-467-1833 AA Performance
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
haasfogle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: performance lab Reply with quote

a friend bought his 1914 from vic and recommended him.
i spoke with vic about my needs and wants and he gave me a very competitive quote.
his contact e-mail: [email protected]
i sent him a deposit, so i'll keep ya'll posted with details.
cheers, haas

Last edited by haasfogle on Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Victor build's bad ass motor's not a single one with a problem and they all look as good as they run. I know as I have the shop next to his. He is building the 1914 motor for my 1943 split that I will hopefully will be driving to the classic in June. You'll have no worries about getting a motor from him Wink
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
haasfogle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: performance lab Reply with quote

as i prove myself to be a difficult customer vic has been very accommodating.
we have agreed on a lowered compression 2110 built for torque with driveability in mind.
you can see some time has lapsed since my original post but this is all part of "plan A".
we have made several interim transactions on some high dollar things like disc brake conversions and he is now helping me to source a 5spd.
cant wait till my 56 is ready for the engine!!
cheers, haas
FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates?
UniqueVW
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read good feedback on VIC and He is building me a 2733cc type 4 turbo efi monster for my super beetle. Also building me a 914 5speed tranny good for around 500hp.

There goes a grip of cash but worth it

Cant wait to see what the motor will do on the dyno

Parting Out 1974 Super Beetle. Contact me if you need parts.
LUNATIK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Performance Lab Reply with quote

Few months’ back I decided to have someone build a killer engine for my project bug, I called around to many builders (Rabi, Mezger, Chico, Chirco, and many more) just looking for a builder that will think outside the box and prepared to build something out of the ordinary. I wasn't happy with the choices presented, and one day I decided to try Performance Lab, I had been watching their ad for few month on this site; I talked with Victor and I explained to him what I want it for my project, he quickly understood and helped me make a better decision my project and even he sent me an email with all the parts he was going to use to build this engine, that same night I received a call from Victor just to see if I had any question about the list or any other question for him, he was going to his house from the shop, at that moment Victor showed me that he cares about his business and costumer relationship. Right now, Performance Lab (Victor) is building for me a 2332/EFI/Turbo/Intercooler engine with all the control gadgets plus a complete aftermarket Tranny for my bug, even he has helped me to make the right choices at the moment of buying parts for my bug, and even more, he has taken the time to look around for the parts that I needed to finish my project, this is not a regular project and not a cheap one either. Every time I call Victor he is always ready to listen and talk with me, never on a hurry and he posses a high personal ethic and is a very people person (extremely polite). At the moment he is done with my engine, for sure, he will be building a project engine for my wife Thing… we’ve been thinking a Type IV/Turbo/EFI

If anyone need more information about this project can PM me, and for sure I will more than willing to share my experience with Performance Lab with anyone out there in more detail.

Continue with the good work Victor

Regards,
Uray
the burnout king
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic is the Man, And knows his stuff. I use only his fittings and hose for my promod car. Great Stuff and cant beat the prices. I needed some very odd sized fittings and vic made it happen.... Vic took the extra step to make sure I got what I needed and in a hurry.

Thanks for everything Vic,
Dom TBK
buggpower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he deal with only stroker motors and big bore motors.Any 1600cc motors at all?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bigguy/avatars/150_tits1.gif
milespenn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vic has also built me a 2332cc motor. never had one problem with the motor at all. driven on the street and also at the track with very good time slips. vic has gone as far to help me with many other items to improve the car. please understand that vitor is a one man show. he does take some time to build the motor correctly and the wait can and will be a some what long time, but THE PRODUCT IS WORTH THE WAIT. vic will be building me my next motor in the next few months and i would not have any hesitation recommeding him to any one else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVdWygemixc

v8 vs flat 4 2.3l no problem
CDF310
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Performance Lab Services Reply with quote

I first met Vic just recently at the Pomona Fair Grounds while he and his partner were displaying several of their items including, Full Flow, Oil Breather and Fuel Management Systems. I liked what he had to say and then went to his shop while looking to purchase the upon mentioned items and additional information on the hows and whys. We both settled on which way to go and within a few short days Vic called to say, "Your systems are available. But what I was more impressed with is, he took the time and explained how everthing goes together in a manner that I could understand. I would recommend using Performance Labs to anyone needing a good product along with some knowledge on the subject.
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with Vic:
I placed an order for the AN fittings completely set for my new 1915 long block the28th of March. Paid $550 via PayPal. Was told by Vic 1 week. Until now no parts.
I asked Vic several times how is my order going on and was told "it goes this week, it goes this Wednesday", "been ill" , "shipping today" etc
Later I asked twice for tracking number and got no response from Vic.
Even tried to call him and he told me that he will send me tracking number, of course he did not.
So over 4 months, season has gone and no parts no money.
Those are the facts.
Pawel Jung
Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience so far with VIC I know your post is from a while ago:

Anybody have a car with Vic at the So Cal Performance Labs?? If so I was wondering if you have seen my car? It is a RHD rag that is silver and should have Porsche gas burners and blue interior. I have asked for pics and have not received anything from him and he has had my car for over three years now. I just want to verify my car is there and done. If anybody would be willing to go down and take a a couple of pics I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying to get the car from him for over four months now since he stated it was done and I have taken time out to go and pick it up but to no avail, I get that it doesn't work or nobody can meet me at the shop. Any help would greatly be appreciated. If there is any questions I have the pink to verify I am the owner. Thanks to all those in advance.
daniel white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered an engine and tranny in Jan 2007.
Paid a hefty deposit.
Said it will take 3 months to delivery to Ireland.
One excuse after another and find out last Aug 2008 that the engine wasnt even built.
Got news in Oct that it was ready to go just needed to clear the remainder monies - which I did, he sent pics of order ready to go.
Now its Jan, the item is at the shippers for 3 weeks and now no contact.
I gave him plenty of chances before I posted here but now I'm reading there are others.
I found his ad on this board and this is to warn off any would be buyers.
Once he settles this I will post back.
This will not be left alone.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received another complaint today and asked the person to post here.

I sent him an email directing him to this thread.

According to his profile he has not visited the site in 1 month. Since he is not responding to emails either, I have deactivated his ads as a precaution.

Profile page
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27968
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brumm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience so far
i paid a hefty deposit in sept 07 for a engine trans package with a 6 week completion date delivered to the uk
forwarded more money in dec 07 for the trans being ready and the package nearly ready to ship ?
then in nov 08 after being told its already crated and ready to go i sent the final payment
its now been 16 months since this deal started and nothing to show but loads excuses and alot of money spent
i,m in the process of passing this on to ic3
i will post the the outcome
daniel white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone assist with this. Looks like this guy has done a bunk with about 10k of my money.
If anyone cna let me know what the story is or any info on his whereabouts will be appreciated.
Daniel.
hulilaua
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: victor menjivar FRAUD!? Reply with quote

DID victor rip any of you off? Evil or Very Mad I ordered a motor from him4 years ago FOR MY WOLFSBURG 56 23. nothing but excuses. im pissed. he aswers the phone but there is no motor here. why? maybe he is a fraud. Crying or Very sad Just thought you people in the vw comunity would like to know. IF HE COMES THROUGH WITH A MIRICAL I WILL POST. ALOHA
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin update:
This seller was banned a while back as he didn't solve any of his outstanding issues.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: